Capitulum 3

I stared at the ceiling, the sun was slowly rising as I heard the familiar alarms go off in the shed. Most of us were getting ready for work. I hadn't slept at all last night, I couldn't stop thinking about last night. Her icy blue eyes followed my thoughts everywhere and I couldn't resist how thinking about her made my entire body shiver of pleasure. I sighed. I had found my mate, my mate who had killed nearly 15 of our finest warriors, my mate who I probably wouldn't see anymore.

She probably had crossed our border by accident.

I felt the mattress sink behind me. 'What is up with you?' Alora asked, I quickly let my eyes roam over her torso that was only covered by a sports bra. Even though she had some scars she looked really good, I bit my lip.. 'Az... stop we agreed we can't.' She begged as she made eye contact with me. Her eyes were filled with lust but also pain. Alora wasn't like us, she had found her mate at the age of 19, exactly nine years ago.  But that same year her mate had died in a terrible fire killing most of the pack. She didn't like talking about it at all. A few years ago I had found her crying and we had gotten lost in our emotions leading to a super intense make out session which led to some little more.

She snapped her fingers in front of me. 'Well?'

I sighed as I whispered: 'Last night.. I found my mate.'

Her eyes widened in shock. 'What?'

I didn't dare to look at her. 'Last night.. I saw a group of wolves on the crest of the hill howling. Leto.. got super excited, which confused me. The minute our warriors rushed to fight them.. something in me chased and somehow it felt like it was impossible to keep Leto under control. So I shifted and rushed towards the open field.. where.. I saw her take out our warriors as if it was nothing. It was also the moment where I attacked Daniel for sneaking up on her. When I looked at her.. my world stopped Alora. It was like at that moment it was just her and me, right there at that moment with Leto screaming mate in my head.' I finished, I sat up straight as I ran my hands through my hair.

Alora chuckled. 'Do you know who she is?'

I shook my head. 'I know nothing about her, but the weirdest thing is. I heard Andrew and my father talk.'

'What did they say?'

'That it couldn't be her, that they killed her?'

Alora raised her eyebrow, I saw something flash in her eyes. But before I could say anything she got up, throwing clothes my way before getting dressed herself. 'We have to get going unless you want to get beaten.'

'Are you alright?' I asked with the sudden change of her behavior. She smiled, nodding her head. 'Yeah. I'm just trying to figure out what it means. Let's go, we are going to be late.'

'She is lying.' Leto spoke in my head. 'Yeah..' I answered. I jumped out of the bed and quickly dressed myself in the comfortable clothes. I looked at the reflection in the mirror, my grey eyes were unusual in our pack, but no one seemed to mind. I began to fix my long, silver white hair. 'We look good.. if only our mate could see.' Leto spoke, her voice with a hint of sadness.

I followed Alora and some others towards the pack house. The ballroom was gigantic and would definitely take us the entire day to clean. I groaned as I grabbed the broom. Alora left me by myself, I started to sweep the room when someone bumped my shoulder. 'Let me help you.' Tony spoke, his blond, curly hair messy but his blue eyes flickering with joy. Two years ago Tony his mate died in a rogue attack. He was one of my father's finest warriors and next in line for the Delta position. After losing Malory, my father stripped him from his rank. He tried to hide his pain with jokes but most of us saw right through him.

All with all most of us had been through the same thing, although most of us hadn't found their mate at the age of 18.

'Awful what happened yesterday huh? Daniel is still healing, he says the only thing he can remember was a white wolf coming for me,' He spoke, I sucked in some air as I kept quiet. 'And we all know who the only white wolf around here is.' He eyed me, grabbing my arm.

'I-eh..'

'Did she hurt you too? The other warriors say that the white wolf fought our warriors as if it was nothing.' He spoke. Oh, thank god! I let out the air I was holding and shook my head. 'No.. I was too late to see anything.'

He nodded his head, staying quiet the rest of the time. We swept the floor, we mopped the floor, we cleaned the windows and all the cabinets. Most of us were exhausted, I eyed Alora. She hadn't been the same since we spoke this morning and even Tony noticed when she didn't laugh at his joke. All with all we continued to clean the ballroom, after we cleaned the meeting and the kitchen. Tony nudged me and pointed towards the Beta and the Delta.

'What do you mean, you can't find them!' Andrew snapped at the Delta. I focused my hearing as Tony stood in front of me, making it less obvious that I was listening along. 'Exactly what I am saying Andrew, we followed their scent over the hill into the woods, past the river and then it started to rain, it is gone.' Our Delta, Jonah growled.

'They have to be out there!' Andrew growled back. 'Our Alpha isn't going to be happy with this news. We have to make sure it is them! They could ruin everything.' He snapped, looking our direction.

Suddenly there was a lot of commotion outside. We heard people yell and watched how Andrew and Jonah rushed outside. We quickly followed and saw three wolves tumbling over each other, biting into each other. The small grey wolf hackles rose as her muzzle curled back to expose pearl-white fangs. Ears shoved forward, tail held high as she circled the two warriors. They both paced stiffly, tails lashing as they waited for her to make a move.

She kept her weight evenly on all four legs, aware of her surroundings. Then one of our own attacked and without thinking she blocked his attack with her side, startling him before she bit down in his neck.

'Who is she?' Alora asked behind me. 'She is going to get herself killed if she keeps this up.' She stood behind me as she watched the wolf in front of me. She was right, Andrew and Jonah rushed over and shifted. Within a few seconds the wolf shifted back and a gorgeous, brown haired woman showed. She was around 5'6 and had a small moon tattoo on her arm.

'State your business.' Andrew growled but she kept quiet. She growled under her breath as they pulled her up. She eyed me and smiled, bowing her head. 'Forte tempus.'

'Forte tempus.' Leto spoke as my eyes started to glow.

~~~~~