Capitulum 9

She eyed me as I took a step back, shaking my head. 'I think you're mistaken,' I responded, eyeing the deer who seemed to be amused with my behavior. 'I am not, you are mistaken.' I repeated.

She smiled, she seemed surprised yet quickly covered it. The deer lightly nudged her. 'You might be right. All with all, who else has a wolf like you.' She chuckled.

'I.. don't even know who my mother is.' I exclaimed, getting frustrated.

'I know. You were raised by the Alpha of the Silver Moon pack and his great-great grandfather Elder Conan.' She spoke, caressing the deer. She knew an awfully lot about me, just like most people around here. Yet I didn't have a single clue.

I nodded. 'And how old were you when you came to the pack?' She didn't meet my eye.

'I was born there. My mother died giving birth to me.' I responded, crossing my arms. She had no right digging into my family. 'You should get some breakfast, it's your first training day.'

I growled softly at the woman, expressing my frustration. Yet she didn't seem to be as impressed as I thought she would be. She used the deer as a cane as she strode away. Deep into the forest.

'Leto, do you know Lycaon?' I made my way back to the pack house, some lights were burning but most still seemed to be sleeping. 'I do.' Before I could ask her more the smell of pancakes hit my nose, as my stomach rumbled. I was starving, I followed the smell into the kitchen. Three woman were busy baking, 'That smells amazing.' I nearly drooled.

One of the woman laughed, hearing the rumbling of my stomach. 'Hello Luna.' She spoke. I quickly shook my head, raising my hands. 'Nope. That isn't happening anytime soon.'

She chuckled, returning her attention to the pan. 'Okay then. Mysterious wolf, would you like to help?'

'I do. I guess I got some time to kill before training starts.' I moved to wash my hands.

'Very well. My name is Anne, those two are Lily and Dory,' She pointed at the two other women. 'If you ever need us, we are always here.'

I smiled. 'Thank you.'

Anne then proceeded to teach me how to make pancakes. It took my multiple tries until I had my first perfect pancake. She smiled at me. Anne was an older woman around the 68, she didn't grow up here. Joined the pack as rogues and Kena had accepted her and her two sisters instantly. 'Kena is a special woman, she is. Hardheaded, but a great Alpha.' Dory remarked from the other side of the room.

I sighed. Returning my attention to the pancakes. Slowly but certainly the dining room filled itself with hungry wolves. There were about 40 wolves, there weren't many boys around. 'Are there more male wolves?' I asked, I had barely seen any after I had arrived. Anne nodded her head. 'Oh yes definitely. But they don't live in the pack house, some do. Most live in the small village near the pack house and the houses surrounding us.'

Oh. In the distance I saw Dani, Rieka and Aita walk up to us. Dani seemed to be doing much better, most of her wounds had healed perfectly. The wolf bane ones took a little longer.

'Ah new job? Your living up to being a Luna now.' Dani smiled, as she eagerly grabbed herself some pancakes. Rieka didn't say much as she quietly sat down at the table where Aita was waiting. They all seemed to be in training outfit. I sat down at the table with them. 'You got training?' I asked, stuffing my mouth with a pancake.

Dani groaned. 'Yes,' she pouted. 'We are going to die. Kena isn't going to go easy on us.'

Aita wrapped her arm around her shoulders. 'If you get hurt, I'll take care of you.' She whispered, her voice husky. I rolled my eyes, yet jealously hit me. My mind went to Kena her gorgeous eyes, how they pulled me in slowly and how her scent was so intoxicating. 'Can I train?' I asked, Leto growled in response. She wanted to have some fun to. Rieka laughed.