Capitulum 22

'Just like his father.' Kena growled. She then pulled me flat against her chest, inhaling my scent.

Oscar stood, dusting his clothes off before focusing his attention to Kena. Contemplating his next move, his friends were encouraging him from a safe distance. 'I am not afraid of you.'

Kena chuckled. 'Second mistake of the day.'

He eyed me, his eyes roaming over Kena her arms secure around my chest. 'A mistake is caring for that weak, pathetic girl.' He growled, he narrowed his eyes.

Kena shook with anger and before I could stop her she had her hand wrapped around his neck, holding him up high. Alcione at the surface, her eyes glowing white. 'Don't ever insult my mate, especially in front of me.' She snarled.

Fear radiated of Oscar as he realized the extend of Kena her power, he dropped his head as a form of submission. I placed my hand on her arm, her eyes shot towards me.

'What is the meaning of this!' A loud voice boomed, instantly all the pack members stopped, dropping their heads. I turned my head and saw Rodney walking up, his eyes black.

'Your son needs to learn his place in front of the elders.' Alcione spoke, her voice firm and I couldn't help but find it extremely attractive, a low purr escaped me.

'Drop him.' Rodney growled, she raised her eyebrow. She eyed me, I nodded my head with a soft smile. She sighed, tossing him towards Rodney. He stumbled back onto his feet, 'I am going to kill you, you stupid woman.' He growled, Rodney grabbed his arm.

'Oscar, meet Elder Kena, Alpha of the Luna Tempus pack and her mate and Luna, Accalia.' Rodney said through gritted teeth. Oscar his eyes widened, bowing his head.

'Alora will be going with us.' I said, no one dared to complain as Alcione still had full control. Nienna saw this as a small hint as she picked Alora up bridal style.

'Until next time.' I said, Rodney just nodded his head. I grabbed Kena her arm, leading her back to the car. Most of the girls fit in the other car, the other three got in the back seat with us. Nienna still held Alora close to her body, some dark veins were evident on her arms. Dani quickly drove off.

'Only some are able to do this.' Nienna spoke. It surprised me, it was the first time Nienna actually faced me. Her dark eyes took me in, 'What does it do?'

'We take away some pain,' Kena explained. 'There are just a few wolves, from a certain pack or certain bloodline that is able to. You hold them and focus on their pain,' She grabbed my hand, within a few seconds dark veins erupted on Kena her wrist. Relieved washed over me, Kena her face contorted. 'It pains us, but we can take the small amounts.'

Nienna nodded. 'I can't take it all, yet every little bit buys her some time. Her wolf is too weak to handle the pain and heal the body.'

Fear washed over me at the sight of my best friend laying in Nienna her arms. 'So it's not mate related?' I asked.

Kena chuckled. 'No, I could take away Alora her pain too. Why do you ask?'

I sighed, laying my head on Kena her shoulder. 'Alora her mate passed away, around nine or ten years ago. I read something about second chance mates..'

Nienna smiled. 'Unfortunately Alora is not my mate, I had a mate.'

'Nienna her mate, was one of my guardians. She is at the pack house, in a separate room.'

'Aita explained what happened. I am truly sorry,' I aimed it at Nienna, who shrugged. 'How old are you then?'

'I am 27,' She breathed as she took another wave of pain. 'My mate is 28.'