Capitulum 60

~Brynn POV~

Screams, cries and g fire crackling around us were the only sound my ears were able to focus on. The hundreds of heartbeats slamming against chests in pure fear.

For years I had protected and served this pack under the oath I made to Deianira. As had the other five women around us. We had sworn to protect Kena, even it if meant risking our life. We never questioned it, as a Lycan we live to serve the queen.

I eyed the woman to my right, 'What are we waiting for Chloe?'

Her green eyes met mine. 'We keep our oath. We protect Kena.' She simply stated, her stare was hard and her face stone-cold. Chloe had never truly cared for the pack. She had cared for her oath to Deianira and she would keep that. Even if it meant dying for. She growled to the younger woman to our left, helping the children out of the burning houses. 'Where is Kena Sofia?' She snarled at the woman that returned, her clothes partly burned as she reeked of ashes.

Sofia shook her head, 'I have no clue ma'am. She isn't anywhere near the pack house.'

Chloe growled, shifting in anger as her brown Lycan towered over us. 'That stubborn Alpha is going to be the death of me. Stay together and find her,' She commanded and instantly my feet moved towards the burning pack house. My eyes reflecting the fire. 'Tanja stop helping the children and find your Alpha!' Chloe her voice yelled out from behind us.

'Where do we go first?' Sofia asked me, I shrugged I had no clue. My mind was utterly overwhelmed, I hadn't told anyone I had found my mate. I could only pray that Alora had made it out of the fire safely. Tara shoulder punched the door to the pack house, my instincts kicked in as I pulled her back right before a burning log from the ceiling fell down. Tara smiled, 'Thanks Brynn.'

I nodded my head. We needed to find Kena, fast. 'Go east.' I spoke, they all eyed me. I had watched Kena, and if there was one thing I was sure off is that Kena would save the others before saving herself. Just like any other Alpha would do. Although it would surprise you how many selfish Alpha's started to wander our world, leaving their pack in times of danger.

'This is pure madness,' Tanja growled as she finally caught up to us. 'Who would do this?'

'Better question is, why would someone do this.' Tara growled as she moved the logs and large pieces of stone out of our way. My senses were overwhelmed with the noises and the smell of burned wood was starting to give me a huge headache.

Sofia growled loudly as she barely dodged yet another wall that fell, we had to be quick. This building wouldn't last long anymore. 'And Chloe is just standing out there, refusing to make her hands dirty.' She then said.

She was right, Chloe refused to help anyone but herself. She believed keeping Kena safe until the time was right would release her from her oath. Deianira would be back to release all of us, Chloe being the daughter of a powerful Lycan made her stronger than us. Her commands were stronger than us, we were forced to obey.

In the distance I could hear a faint screaming and instantly my eyes snapped towards the sound. 'Listen.'

Tara eyed me, before her eyes widened. She growled as she shifted into her small grey Lycan. As fast as she was she rushed towards the sound with us hot on her tail. A burning log was blocking the door, I growled shifting as well. 'Tara wait!' I growled but it was too late, she barged right through the burning log and the door collapsed, locking her inside with the two people we heard screaming. Sofia and Tanja watched in despair. 'And now what?'