Capitulum 56

~Azalea POV~

The next few days went by extremely fast, we had decided to keep our marriage to ourselves for now. We wanted to share it with everyone including her brothers. Kena had even asked her older brother Beowulf, him and his mate were pleased to know Kena had found her mate and couldn't wait to meet me.

It kind of freaked me out, meeting Kena her family. Although I knew Amaruq and Conan, a shiver ran down my spine and the memory of him. Kena and I had been doing great, I had started to teach her the little things I knew about being a Lycan.

I shook my head, trying to shake away the strain of thought as I focused back on Brynn. We had been training a lot lately, the entire pack had grown so much stronger. We had to be, we had to be ready for Cyllene. Brynn had started to teach the stronger groups how to fight off a Lycan, which wasn't easy.

Brynn her claw missed my chest by an inch, snapping me out of my trance once again. 'Focus little queen,' She teased, Kena growled as she witnessed the situation.

Brynn chuckled, shifting back. 'What is going on with you? You haven't been focused since our training began.'

I sighed, allowing myself to shift back as I grabbed a water bottle. Brynn her eyes sliding over my body. 'You're looking stronger, gorgeous I might add.'

I chuckled, as Kena her eyes darted from me to Brynn. 'Don't tempt Kena, god knows what she might do.' I sat down on the grass in the little shade we had.

Brynn eyed me, 'I am sorry, although I am happy Kena took the news well. It just freaks me out a little that soon we have two stubborn, Lycan females running around.'

'How's Alora?' I asked. Brynn dropped her head, staring at the grass and she mumbled, 'She is ok, I guess.'

I frowned, a few days ago Alora her health had gotten worse. No one could figure out what was going on. Nimue had left to meet her sister, we hoped she would be able to figure something out. But for now, it was a race against the clock. No one was allowed near Alora, except Brynn but just for a few minutes. Alora was barely awake, it took her too much strength to talk.

I rested my hand on Brynn her arm, hoping to provide some comfort. 'Nimue will figure something out.'

Brynn shook my hand off her arm, her gaze held mine. 'She is going to die Az, and it will be my fault.' She whispered.

'What do you mean?' But she refused to answer, 'Brynn?' I looked around the field, but no one was around. Kena had walked far off into the distance to help Rollin teach the younger people.

'There is a rumor, in Lycosura. That when a Lycan meets his or her mate, that if they turn out to be a wolf. It'll only be a matter of time when the Lycan will be too strong for their mate, the werewolf will lose its strength trying to keep up. It'll weaken and die.' Brynn mumbled.

'That is a bit exaggerated isn't it? We mate for life, why would the moon goddess cause mates to die?' I asked her softly, trying not to anger her some more.

'You tell me. I guess some of us are cursed because of what we did when we were younger.'

'Meaning you did something bad?' I frowned.

Brynn rolled her eyes. 'We were young, we made some mistakes. I'm being punished for it now.'

'What did you do?'

Brynn smiled softly, 'Years ago when I was only 8, me and two friends of mine were just goofing around in the field near the waterfall of Lycosura. Not everyone knew about that place, it's amazing. My friend Gary dared us to jump down the waterfall in exchange of a meeting with Deianira. His father was the pack doctor, an extremely good one.' She paused, her eyes turning a darker shade.