Capitulum 59

~Kena POV~

The scent of the infirmary was one of the few times I would never be able to get used to. Something was going on and without Nimue we had to vent for ourselves. Questions were building deep inside me, questions I couldn't answer just yet. The pack was growing restless with the awaited war and with the unanswered questions. I sighed, focusing my attention back on Aita. 'Run it again.'

'But Ke-..' She argued, but one cold glance shut her up. She nodded her head, 'Alright I'll run it again Alpha.' She turned on her heels and left, I stared at the door to my right. It had been years since they had shown any sign of being alive, why now? After all these weeks, why now. It was one of the few questions that had kept me up the past few days, Azalea had been busy with her training with Belle to even notice. Or at least I thought she noticed.

'You know, the door does open.' Dani her voice sounded behind me, she stood next to me as she pointed to the door knob. 'I know.' I retorted. She eyed me carefully, I knew that if she listened closely she could hear them. Hear them scream in their heads, wanting to be free. Exactly like Brynn had done. Did it mean Azalea was the only one to save them? Did I want to put her through the exhaustion, what if she failed? She would hate herself. I bit my lip.

Dani poked my side. 'What is going on with you?'

'Just a lot on my mind..'

'Hmm,' She crossed her arms. 'Let me guess, Azalea doesn't know.'

Dani shook her head as she sighed. 'She is your equal Kena, she could help remember.'

'She has a lot on her mind controlling her Lycan. Training with Belle since Brynn is focused on Alora.' I frowned, Alora had gotten sick a week ago and her health hadn't improved. Aita explained that it seemed like her wolf refused to fight whatever was happening to her. Every single test we had ran, came out fine. Yet she didn't wake up. Brynn solemnly relied on her instincts to protect her mate. No one was allowed near her, just until Azalea would command her to stand down.

I forced the growl back down my throat, I hated to admit Azalea was the only one she listened to. I knew it was due to their Lycan bond that went back way before. Yet it bothered me.

'Kena, Azalea needs to control her Lycan. We all know she is the one taking on Cyllene. So stop being a little baby and talk to your fiancé.' I frowned, I hated how well Dani knew me and my actions. I rolled my eyes, thankfully Aita returned with the file once more. 'Well?'

'Like I said, same results. I can keep checking, I can run the same exact tests every single minute Kena. But it won't change the fact that they have the same signs as Brynn did.' She snapped.

I rubbed my temples, as a growl escaped me at the disrespect. My temper had changed an awfully lot in the past few days. 'Fix it Aita.' I growled.

Fire erupted in her eyes. 'Fine you want me to fix it?' She snarled, 'I'll fucking fix it.' Her eyes clouded over and I instantly knew what she was up to. Dani forced herself in between us, her hands on our chests keeping us apart. 'One, don't talk to my mate like that.'

She then turned to her mate. 'Two you look extremely hot like this.' Her voice a low husky sound. I growled, crossing my arms together. Aita turned towards me, 'I don't know what has gotten into you lately Kena, but I am not liking it one bit. Yes you are my Alpha, but you aren't the Alpha I have known for decades.'

I paused, slightly hurt with her words. 'It isn't her fault.' Azalea her sweet voice sounded softly as she approached us, Belle followed her quietly. Where Azalea looked fine, Belle on the other hand seemed to have trouble catching her breath. I raised my eyebrow and Belle chuckled, 'A young Lycan queen against an much older Beta.. it's hard work.'