Capitulum 37

~Kena POV~

The little boy lead me to the infirmary. She seemed fine when we spoke two days ago, after they had lost the scent of the boy we had captured before she had promised to come home. I didn't want to put them at risk.

I hadn't expected them to be back already. It worried me and not just that, Alcione wasn't happy with me leaving Azalea alone. I trusted them, I did. They would take a silver bullet for Azalea, but there was this constant nagging in the back of my mind I made a mistake. I forced the thought out of my mind as I reached the infirmary, Aita already waiting for me.

'Hey Aita, hit me.' I said, as she motioned for me to follow her. She sighed, 'She is in bad shape Kena. I don't know what attacked them, but it is bad.'

I bit my lip as anger boiled up inside me, 'What happened?' I forced back my growl. She lead me to the room Tina was in, her arms and legs were covered in bandages, she was getting painkillers and some old bite marks had already healed. 'Some wounds are infected with wolfs bane, we got most of it out.. the rest is up to her wolf.'

I growled as I moved next to her bed, she smiled weakly. 'Alpha.' Her voice came out raspy, as if she needed all her strength to talk. 'What happened Tina? Where are the others?' I pressed, I hated to interrogate her at this moment. But she was awake and I needed answers, I needed to know what happened to her.

'We followed him for a while, as you know we lost him and we were on our way back,' She explained. 'On our way back, we came across his scent again. He was extremely close, turns out he was running at us.'

'What do you mean?'

'He was running away from something, leading them right towards us. They attacked us, they were so tall.. so strong and so incredibly fast.. We couldn't do anything. I am sorry Alpha.' Tears were streaming down her cheeks as her heartbeat was beating uncontrollably. Aita pulled me away, 'she needs to rest Kena. It's enough.'

I growled, pulling my arm away from Aita. 'Where are the others?' She didn't answer right away so I pressed, 'Where are the others Tina?' I pushed back my snarl.

'They got them.. I am sorry.. ' She whispered.

'Where they alive Tina?' I pressed, Aita her hand trying to pull me away. I know reliving this for Tina was awful but I had to know. 'Tina. Answer me.'

'Yes.. they were alive.'

I sighed, I felt a small feeling of relief wash over me. I nodded my head with a small smile before walking out of the room, making my way over to my office. I had to retrace their route, . 'Meet me in the office. Now.' I mind-linked Rieka. She would be able to help.

I sat down on my chair, tapping my fingers impatiently on the desk as I waited for Rieka. I had unfolded one of the maps in front of me, Accalia her scent lingered around it as I stared at the red marks she had placed on the map. I smiled, despite her not having the same upbringing as me and her being somewhat new to this world. Our pack loved her, she was a feisty, stubborn Luna. Exactly what I needed, I had never imagined finding her after all these years. Frankly, I had given up.

Yet every single day she seemed to amaze me, I opened my drawer as I grabbed the small ring box. It had belonged to her mother, and I knew I wanted to marry her. I knew I did, from the first moment we met. It was not love at first sight exactly, but more a familiarity. Like: Oh, hello, it's you. It's going to be you.

Alcione seemed more than thrilled to have finally found her mate. She is it, she is the best of both worlds. She is independent, focused, ambitious and an amazing Luna. She can handle her own, I was sure of that but it didn't mean I had to push my nature aside to leave her without protection. Besides she was just as much as an Alpha as I was. But at the same time, she knows where to draw the line and be a Luna. The soft, submissive side, with a heart of gold. She is affectionate, passionate and extremely sexual. But most importantly she is mine.

A soft knock on the door pulled me from my thoughts, Rieka walked in and smiled. Her eyes lingering on the ring box: 'I see, you made up your mind.' she chuckled as she took a seat in front of my desk.

I rolled my eyes, putting the ring box back in the drawer. 'When are you going to ask her?'

'We have more important things to discuss.' I dodged the question, mainly because I wasn't sure when. Accalia and I had never discussed marriage.

Rieka raised her hands in surrender. 'Yes Alpha, hit me.'

'Tina returned.' I started, her eyes widened in shock. She instantly stood, 'Where is she?'

'Infirmary she is in bad shape.' I started to explain the situation and what happened. I didn't leave a single detail as Rieka her face slowly contorted in a thin line. 'What about Randy and Mila?' She asked.

I sighed. 'They got them.'

'Alright,' She nodded her head. 'When do we leave?'

'Rieka, I can't send out another party to find them. We don't know what we are up against. Besides, we have to wait for the others to return.'

She mumbled a soft okay as she pressed her fingers against her temple, Rieka had taken her sisters place after the fire, she was an amazing fighter, tracker and that made her the perfect Beta. Her sister had taught her well, except the impulsiveness.

'What is the plan?'

I turned the map towards her, 'Tina tracked him this route,' I traced my finger along the line. 'At this spot, they lost him. I told them to wait a day, maybe the scent would return if it didn't, she had to return.'

Rieka nodded her head, 'There are two ways they could have returned.' I said, tracing both of them.

'And the west side?' Rieka asked.

I frowned. 'What do you mean?'

Rieka turned the map towards me, 'It is a long shot, but it is an very old route. Not many know about it, my sister once told me about it. You can't see it on the map, but it is there.' She traced a line on the west side, 'At the end it connects to the main road.'

'That is the old road to Lycosura, isn't it. Deianira had hidden it as a last resort to be safe.'

Rieka nodded her head. 'Tina would know better than to take that road though, it seems highly unlikely.'

'True, but it's possible. We will have to wait for her to wake up. We have to find Randy and Mila.'

The next hour we started to discuss the different options we had, adding the different outcomes. The one thing bothering me was the fact that we didn't know what we were up against. All Tina could describe was 'Tall, strong and extremely fast'. It could have been hunters.

'You alright?' Rieka asked as my head started to throb, making me groan. Alcione started to whimper and pace around in the back of my mind. I groaned and grabbed my side as a sharp pain burned through. 'Kena?'

'It's Accalia.' Alcione growled, anger fuming through our bound and she directed it at me. 'She is in danger.' She growled, as she tried to force control.

'Kena!' Rieka snapped at me. I growled as another wave of pain hit me. 'Fuck this..' She muttered before slapping me in the face. I growled as I jumped up. Grabbing Rieka by the throat as I pushed her against the wall. Rieka didn't object as her hands grabbed my arm tight. 'Alcione. Focus. What is going on?'

She was right. We had to focus, we had to find Accalia and we had to do it right now. I took a deep breath, forcing Alcione to the back ground. 'It is Accalia, she is in pain. I can sense her fear.' I growled, without further ado I jumped from the balcony and shifting my air. I could hear Rieka growl behind me as she followed, her wolf was smaller and she had to really push herself to catch up with me.

My vision became solemnly focused on my surroundings, as I easily dodged trances, trees and rocks. Every fiber in my body burned with anger yet guilt filled my system as well. I should have never let her go, I growled at the thought.

''There is time for me to tell you I told you so later..,' Alcione growled, her growl laced with anger. 'When I find who did this, I will end their miserable lives.'

With that.. I agreed.

~~~~~~