Capitulum 2

'You ready to come out of your hiding spot?' My grandmother spoke as she waved of the last wolf. I rounded the corner and faced her with her arms crossed. She smiled as she opened her arms for me to hug her and I did. I hugged her tight. 'I missed these hugs.' She whispered in my ear, she let me go as she motioned for me to follow her inside.

'To what do I own the pleasure of Accalia coming to my humble home?'

I chuckled. 'Just here to ask if you have some herbs to spare for us?' I placed my bag on the table and she eyed me. 'Had another hunting session?' She sighed, I slowly nodded my head. 'I am fine though, Leto wanted to have her fun.. but some of the others are in bad shape and Alpha wants them back in shape before sunset.'

She shook her head. I guess it was hard to believe what kind of man her son was, I wasn't sure if she completely agreed with the methods of our pack. Her mate, my grandfather had died five years ago saving his son and mate. She roamed around the room grabbing some herbs as the room filled itself with complete silence.

'Is it true?' I let out the question that had been bothering me. 'Is it true she died? Who killed her? How can someone just kill an elder just like that, a goddess basically?' It was hard to believe someone actually killed one of the first wolves as if it was nothing.

She turned to face me. 'I don't know love,' she spoke, refusing to make eye contact. 'There is a lot about the myth of her daughter people don't know and many believe they are all lies.'

'What lies? Like the lie you told the younger wolves?' I asked, narrowing my eyes. Leto was on the surface as my eyes flickered. She chuckled. 'Your wolf is a feisty one, and it was a lie necessary to be told. But I promise, in a few days you'll learn the truth.'

She pushed the filled bag in my hands and pushed me out of the doors. Something inside of me urged me to look up to the moon. My eyes widened, there, on the crest of the hill were several silhouettes, wolfish. One stood almost statue-like while the others were sitting behind the wolf. When the foremost wolf started to howl, they were all drawn to join in like they have been invited to a family feast. Together they filled the still air with their howling. I guess that's their hymn, one song, no words, just pure joy. In the back of my mind I felt Leto getting excited as she howled.

But before I could do anything a group of fifteen wolves rushed past me, growling loudly as they rushed towards the hill. Without even thinking I shifted into my wolf as I rushed behind them. 'Accalia! Come back!' My grandmother called behind me. But I couldn't, I had to do something.

I wasn't that far away from the wolves, I heard the loud growling and fighting in the distance, the sound of wolves whimpering and bones cracking. It had only taken me a few minutes but I was shocked with what I saw, most of our warriors were laying still on the grass, their fur bloody and marked with bite wounds.

The moon light shone bright on the open field. Moving into the light was a wolf. She was a white-silver, fur glossy and thick. Her paws kissed the earth with lightness and there is serenity in her gaze. I stood still, frozen. I breathed in slowly and let time slow down, taking photographs with only my eyes. Leto was getting really excited. She was fighting off one of our warriors when I watched the younger Beta in line sneak up on her.

I watched how he launched himself at her, without thinking Leto took control and threw herself in front of him. Holding onto his neck tightly as she shook, before tossing him against a tree. Knocking him unconscious.

I turned towards the white wolf behind me. She nodded her head lightly to thank me, but I was to focused on the words in my head. 'Mine!' Leto growled in my head. The eyes of the white wolf in front of me widened in shock, as if she realized what was happening. Wolves of her pack circled us, growling at me but with a light growl of her they quit. She slowly moved forward to me, pressing her muzzle against me before fleeing into the woods. Her pack following her swiftly, I took in a deep breath before shifting back.

'Accalia!' I heard a voice behind me and I recognized it as Alora her voice. I turned to face her, her eyes wide of horror at the sight of the battlefield. Just a few of our warriors had survived the battle, a battle of five minutes. The young Beta was still unconscious and had shifted back. 'Did you do this?' Alora asked as she rushed to the young beta. I slowly nodded my head. She sighed as she ran her hand through her hair. 'Well.. let's hope for your sake that he won't remember a thing, you are going to have to help me carry him back Az..' She lifted him and supported him on her shoulder. .

'Your grandmother warned me that you went after them.. she promised to send the other a little later which would give us some time to figure out what the hell happened.' She spoke, as we slowly walked back to the pack house. Some other warriors rushed towards us. 'Did more survive?' The Beta asked, seeing his son laying on my back. 'Did you save him?'

Before I could answer Alora answered. 'We were too late to see what happened and we don't know if there are more.. we could only carry him. I am sorry sir.' She looked down at the ground, he eyed us, he then ordered the other wolves to gather the remaining bodies as she led us towards the pack doctor. My mind was filled with memories of the white wolf.

Andrew, the Beta grabbed my arm and pulled me towards my father's office.

'So..' He started, looking up from the gigantic map on his desk. 'You saved the Daniel, the Beta's son.'

I slowly nodded my head, refusing to make eye contact. 'What did you see?' He asked. 'What pack?'

Instantly the memory returned to me. The white-silver fur and the icy blue eyes that had looked at me and most importantly, my mate. Leto let out a happy howl at thought of our mate. The mate who I thought I didn't have, everything in me wanted to go after her.

'Well?' He boomed, pulling me out of my own thoughts. 'Nothing sir,' I answered, he crossed his arm and raised his eyebrow. 'When I got there, the pack had fled the scene and all I saw was our warriors laying on the floor. Alora came after me and together we brought Daniel back, he looked badly injured. We did everything we could sir.'

He nodded, 'Alright. Tomorrow at 5am you'll start cleaning the ballroom, that is for ignoring your orders and because I am not sure if you are telling the truth. You can leave now.' He spoke as he turned his attention to Andrew.

I closed the door behind me, focusing my hearing. 'Are you sure it is them?' I heard my father his voice say.

'I am not sure Alpha. Their scent disappeared into the old territory and none of the warriors has seen anything. She couldn't be back though sir? We killed them?'

What the hell was going on?

~~~~~