Capitulum 58

The dining hall was filled with large tables and most of the pack members made it. We had kept some on guard, we knew it was only a matter of time until Cyllene would try to attack us.

Belle and I got to talking as she shared memories she had of my mother. She told me she knew my mother had found her mate the day she kept disappearing. It was part of her task to keep an eye on Deianira and she did. 'She honestly was the best Lycan queen people could have wished for.'

I smiled, 'It makes me happy that my mother had so many people that adored her.'

Belle chuckled, swirling the wine in her glass. 'I often envied your mothers relationship with Apollo. So naturally bonded and yet they fought it. They both made mistakes,' She paused as her eyes darted to Beowulf. He seemed to be enjoying himself with the beer and his man. Laughing at a joke Amaruq made. 'Until I met Beowulf, he showed me how powerful the mate bond could be.'

'Yet you are a Lycan and he isn't, right?'

She nodded her head. 'Yes, he isn't. He doesn't wish to be either. I have to admit it took us both sometime to adjust to the different... things we needed. As a female Lycan my instincts are like five time as worse as a regular Luna. She smiled. 'He seemed to enjoy the overprotective, overly sexual side.'

I sighed. 'I've only known about being a Lycan for a few days. It comes with all these feelings I had before, they're just overwhelming.'

'I understand,' Her eyes darting to Kena. 'You'll get used to the emotions and the extreme feelings. Besides.. the sex never gets boring. You two are great together, really.'

This time Kena coughed, gaining everyone's attention as the room grew silent. Kena smiled at me, 'I would like to thank everyone for being here. Including my brothers who made their way over. I know the past few weeks haven't been easy. We had lost and found our Luna, we have lost friends, sisters, brothers.. parents in a war against an old grudge between the old queen and Cyllene.' She paused, grabbing my hand. 'Despite that, I have an announcement to make. Azalea accepted my marriage proposal.'

Instantly the crowd applauded us and cheered loudly as everyone started to talk all at once. Ivy and Belle hugged both of us as the congratulated us, even Amaruq squeezed the air out of our lungs. 'I am so happy for the both of you.' He spoke, his mouth reeked of beer.

Beowulf stood, he eyed me before he grinned. Hugging the both of us. 'I am extremely happy. I can't wait for the ceremony, that is if I am invited of course.'

I smiled. 'Of course you are. You are family.'

Slowly the applauding stopped just one person kept clapping and my eyes shot towards the person. A cold shiver ran down my spine and the room seemed to be running low on oxygen. Conan.

Kena positioned herself in front of me as she growled at Conan who approached the tip of the table we were sitting in slowly. Beowulf growled as he stood, towering over Conan. He didn't seem to be impressed as he watched us. 'Hello brothers,' he paused, eyeing Kena. 'Sister. It has been a while.'

'You aren't welcome here.' Kena snapped.

'Tsk tsk,' He sat down on a chair, resting his feet on the table as he leaned back against the chair. 'I am still family, aren't I. You invited family to your little gathering to tell them you were getting married.'

Alcione was near the surface, I could feel her through our bond as her instinct to protect me took over. I didn't know what came over me the minute I met his eyes. I felt like the weak little wolf I was before I came here. I remembered the amount of times he had punished me, the slashes of the whip laced with wolfs bane whenever I fought a wolf during the hunt again.

Conan tilted his head, looking past Kena towards me. 'You have grown into a lovely woman Az.'

This time Belle growled, standing in front of Kena and I. 'It is queen Azalea to you.' Her eyes flickering from her Lycan to her own. Conan bit the inside of his cheek. 'Very well.'

'You stopped being family when you decided to burn down my pack. When you decided to kill your own sister for your own selfish reasons.' Kena growled, shaking with anger.

Conan chuckled, completely ignoring Kena and his brothers as his eyes were still holding mine. Somehow I couldn't look away, I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of showing any sign of submission. 'You would have made a fine Luna by my side.'

Kena took a step forward, but my hand on her back stopped her. I took a deep breath as I moved in front of her. He smiled, patting the seat next to him. 'Leave my pack Conan.' I said softly.

He eyed me before he burst out in laughter. His eyes growing a darker shade, 'You can't tell me what to do little girl. You couldn't then, you can't know.'

Images flashed through my head, the pain of the slashes burned through my body. 'For every minute you stay, I'll count 10 whip slashes with wolfs bane.'

He tilted his head in surprise. 'You don't remember do you?' I breathed slowly, trying to keep my composure. 'You don't remember the 100 slashes a day you gave me whenever I refused your offer or I stubbornly fought your finest warrior?'

Beowulf growled, 'You did what?'

I held my hand up, motioning for Beowulf to stop. 'You don't remember the way you beat me, belittled me, hurt me and forced yourself on me?' Anger flared through me as I shifted into my Lycan, in one second I was in front of him my claw around his throat. Squeezing the air out of his lungs, 'I have wished to kill you so many times, and now.. I have to opportunity too.'

No one dared to stop me, even Amaruq and Beowulf averted their gazes away from me. Anger controlled me, controlled Leto as we remembered the amount of times we felt hopeless. I sighed, I knew this wasn't the way a queen would behave. I took a deep breath as I dropped him to the floor, shifting back. He gasped for air as he fell on his knees. 'One more time Conan. Leave this pack. If you harm any of my pack members, I will kill 10 of your pack members just for fun. Beginning with your next Alpha in line, little Oscar.'

He growled as he stood. Fixing his shirt, as his eyes slid over the group. His brothers refused to help him, Kena wrapped her arms securely around my waist. 'I will return for you little girl. Don't worry.' Four guard instantly moved forward as they forced him out of the pack house.

'Like I said,' Belle said chuckling softly. 'You are just like your mother.'

Beowulf chuckled, 'I agree. She would be incredibly proud of how you handle things. She would've killed him on the spot though.'

Belle nodded her head, wrapping her arms around his neck. I rolled my eyes as their scents mixed together. 'I guess it is time we get some rest.' I spoke, leaning back against Kena her chest.

Everyone agreed as they made their way to their own rooms. Most of the pack members started to clean up. Kena gave her last commands as the night shift changed. She lifted me up bridal style as she walked us to our room. Laying me down on the bed as she kissed me. 'I am so sorry,' She breathed, resting her head against mine. 'I never knew how awful your life was back then. I can't believe that I thought you lived their freely just to piss me off.'

I cut her off by deepening the kiss. It took her a second to adjust, I felt her emotions through the bond. The anger, the sadness and everything around it. I pulled back. 'It is okay, because I couldn't be more happier than I am right now, with you. There will come a day where I will end his life, just like I will end Cyllene her life. I will let nothing come between us ever again Kena. That is my promise to you.'