Capitulum 28

After at least four hours of reading I was mentally exhausted. I had finished one book in the time that Dani had read three, in between her reading she had explained words to me. I couldn't say I had found out much, at least nothing that I didn't already know.

I yawned as I eyed Dani who still seemed to be completely intrigued in her book about Lycanthropy. 'You know,' She spoke suddenly, startling me. 'The minute I saw you I knew I felt something much more powerful than any of us. Just no one would have figured it is because you truly are a Lycan.'

'I am not much of a Lycan.' I sighed, turning the pages but the words weren't sticking anymore. Dani chuckled as she watched me, 'Did you know white werewolves are royal?'

I shook my head. 'There is a rumor that the first ever Lycan queen was white. If you truly are Deianira her daughter, you are the next in line royal Lycan queen.'

I let her words sink in, as she continued. 'It is why we were all so eager to help you. It is why we all want to protect and serve you, you are the next queen. You are extremely powerful, if you reach your Lycan state. Holy hell! Just imagine the things you could do!' She exclaimed happily.

I rolled my eyes at her childish behavior. 'What about Kena? She has a white wolf, yet she isn't a Lycan. Yet.'

'What do you mean, yet?' She questioned.

'Can I tell you a secret?' I asked her, not losing eye contact as she put her book down. She nodded her head.

'Alcione explained to me, that Kena had a far hidden gene of the Lycan bloodline inside of her and I am the only one that can trigger it.' I explained as a weight fell of my chest.

Dani her eyes widened in shock. 'It must be hidden pretty dang far, we would have felt it. It would explain why her wolf is white, I mean we all know Kena is the only daughter of the moon goddess, she is the most powerful out of her siblings. With a mate, she would be nearly impossible to kill.'

'It's just, I don't even know how to trigger my gene. Yes, visit fucking Lycosura. How am I supposed to trigger hers?'

Dani shrugged, 'I guess that is something we have to find out.' Her eyes suddenly faded into a darker shade before returning to her normal color. 'We have to visit the hospital wing, Kena and Aita are waiting for us.'

'Is everything alright?' I asked, worry suddenly consuming me as I followed Dani through the halls. 'I have no clue.'

We rushed towards the hospital wing, Dani instantly rushed to her side. 'Are you alright?'

Aita smiled, nodding her head. 'I am, we just have to wait for Kena. It's better if I explain it all at once.'

I smiled as I watched how the tension left Aita her body with just a simple touch of Dani. Something deep inside me lured me away from them, I followed it as it lead me to the white door. I let my hand rest on the door handle, the urge to open it only got bigger the longer I waited.

I gently pushed the door open, recognizing the still laying bodies of Kena her first guardians. I tilted my head as a low howl sounded in the distance of my brain. It sounded pained, I let my eyes roam around the bodies as it landed on a brown haired woman. Somehow I knew it came from her, everything in me burned as the power urged me to free her. But how?

Her delicious scent filled the room, snapping me out of the trance. I let my eyes travel over her gorgeous body before I met her eyes. 'Hey little wolf,' She whispered, 'I have missed you.'

I couldn't help but smile as I moved to her side, grabbing her hand. I could feel the sadness burn through our bound. I knew she hated being here, I knew she hated being the reason they were laying here. They were reason she refused to forget. Aita coughed, catching our attention. 'So this morning, I did the usual check-up,' She eyed Kena who just nodded her head, refusing to look away from her friends. 'Right, this morning I noticed a difference in one of them.'

Kena her eyes shot towards Aita. 'Who?'

'Brynn.' She responded, pointing to the brown haired woman in front of us. The woman I had been standing next to just a few seconds ago.

'What changed?' Kena asked, her aura consuming the air around us. It almost felt suffocating.

'Her heart rate picked up, and I thought I could feel her wolf. Just for a few seconds before it faded.' Aita handed Kena the results from this morning. Kena her eyes quickly scanned the papers as she let out a deep breath. She moved towards the bedside, grabbing the girls hand.

A low growl escaped me, it shocked me as I quickly covered up my mouth with my hands. 'This is not the time to be jealous.' I growled at Leto, she growled loudly at my remark but chose to let it go. For which I was grateful, Kena doesn't need this right now.

Kena her eyes faded lightly as she tried to connect to her wolf. But to no avail, she sighed dropping Brynn her hand. 'And?' Dani asked hopeful, but Kena shook her head. 'It's.. extremely far away. I can't seem to connect to her wolf, it's refusing to connect or it's too weak.'

I could hear the low howling in the back of my mind again, I was sure it wasn't Leto. I pressed my hands to my temple as the howling got louder, the heart rate monitor started to pick up its pace. 'This!' Aita growled as she rushed to Brynn her side.

But Kena her eyes were fixated on my face as she watched me struggle against the pain. It was unbearable and I couldn't help the soft groan that escaped me. I felt the urge bubbling up deep inside me as I fell to my knees, squinting my eyes. 'Please.. please!' The voice sounded pained, yet a small hint of relief was evident in it.

'Enough!' I growled loudly, the glass around us shattering. Dani and Aita whimpered as they bowed their heads. The heart rate monitor stopped beeping extremely loud and the voice disappeared. I breathed in deeply as Kena moved to my side. Rubbing the back of my neck, I relaxed into her touch as she soothed away the pain. 'What happened?'

'I am not sure little wolf,' She kissed my forehead. 'But I am sure it's something we need to find an answer to.'

~~~~