Capitulum 61

~Azalea POV~

My eyes darted across the room, watching Brynn as she explained the situation before she reached the state I saved her from. 'You reached the state after I got you out?' Kena asked, my eyes flew towards my mate as she opened her mouth. I frowned, something was going on with her.

'Yeah. I truly felt like I died.' Brynn whispered, pain evident in her voice.

'You had died,' Aita spoke. 'Each and every one of you died when Kena brought you out. At least, the human body died. Your wolf on the other hand hadn't.'

'I remember waking up in an empty room, just me. Just like this room, but when I opened the door I walked into the most amazing forest, the smell of the forest is one I would never forget,' she paused. 'Yet there was this one person explaining where I was.' Her eyes darkened as she recalled the memory.

'Do you know this person?' Kena asked coldly. I sighed, intertwining our fingers together. She instantly relaxed next to me as she smiled softly.

Brynn shook her head. 'I didn't. At least I think I don't,' Her eyes landing on Alora, 'Yet he explained to me that this state wasn't what people wrote in their books. As well as no one could ever live through this state and make it out alive. He hadn't been able to.'

I frowned. My mother seemed completely fine living in that state, she didn't know if she could escape but she seemed fine. Happy even. 'What does the state want from you?'

Brynn chuckled. 'It doesn't want you to do anything. It is your own past that will hunt you, you will live through your nightmares, work through them, grow stronger with your wolves. But no one ever made it out. Except me, when I heard Azalea.'

'You heard Azalea, whilst being in a state between wolf and human?' Belle questioned and Brynn nodded her head. 'How is that even possible?' This time Belle her eyes landed on me.

'I have no clue. All I remember is feeling a pull to a certain spot, my Lycan leading me towards it. Eager and happy. When I reached it, I saw nothing. Before I knew it, I saw a white Lycan.. commanding me to wake up. And well here we are.' Brynn shrugged, she didn't seem to think it wasn't such a big deal.

'The amount of days between the day you showed signs of being alive and Azalea waking you is nearly two weeks,' Aita frowned. 'Yet you lived it as if it was a few what? days? weeks? months?'

Brynn frowned. 'Hours. But.. what is this all about? Why are you questioning me about this?' Her Lycan side was showing once more, her eyes darting towards me.

'We.. uh. Your friends are showing the exact same signs you were before I woke you up,' I admitted. 'I needed to know what happened with you before I would try anything.'

Brynn nodded, but she was barely listening to what I said. Her eyes too focused on Alora. I frowned, she seemed to be doing alright. At least, she didn't look worse I took that as a good sign.

'Why isn't your friend shifting?' Belle her voice sounded in my head. My eyes met hers from across the room. 'What do you mean?'

Belle smiled, shaking her head. 'Your friend Alora isn't shifting into her Lycan state. It makes them sick.'

Wait what? 'Alora isn't a Lycan?' I frowned. Belle tilted her head to the side. Before approaching Brynn, 'Brynn may I look at your mates eyes. I think I know what is going on.'

Instantly Brynn stood, making room for Belle. Belle motioned for me to come close. I let go of Kena her hand, standing on the other side of Alora her bed. Belle carefully opened the eyes of Alora, her blue eyes were mixed with a bright green. The bright green of a Lycan. Belle smiled, 'See?'

I nodded my head. 'But.. how? Alora isn't a Lycan.' I whispered.

My eyes meeting Kena, she stared back at me coldly. 'Little wolf, please tell me you didn't turn your best friend.'

Pained by her words, I shook my head. 'I didn't. I promise.'

She shook her head, breaking our eye contact. Leto whimpered at the cold shoulder our mate was giving us.

Brynn her anger was now aimed at me, she was struggling to keep her Lycan at a distance. Not wanting to hurt me, but then again she believed I hurt her mate. 'Why do you think it was me?'

Belle eyed me, 'Because only a Lycan queen can turn wolves if they are willing too. By a bite mark, or an exchange of blood.'

'I didn't do any of that. Why would I do that against someone's will?' I growled, growing angry with the accusations that were thrown at me.

'Oh! Oh! I know! Let me!' Dani yelled, raising her hand like a little kid. 'Please let me say it!' Her eyes twinkling with joy. I rolled my eyes, 'No I didn't Dani. Go make jokes somewhere else.'

Kena growled at me, I was taken aback with her outburst. But before I could turn my anger at her, Belle opened her mouth. 'What do you know Dani?'

Dani chuckled. 'Remember when Alora swore an oath to you, you exchanged blood then.'

I opened my mouth to retort, but closed it. She was absolutely right, I had exchanged blood that day. We had made a small cut in the palm of our hands as she swore an oath to me to protect me and this pack. 'I didn't know.. I am sorry.'

Belle shook her head. 'It is alright. You have a lot to learn and no one to teach you the proper ways just yet.'

Brynn snorted, anger still evident her eyes. 'So my mate is going to die because you didn't know shit about your heritage.'

Kena growled, 'Watch your tone against your Luna Brynn.'

Brynn rolled her eyes. 'Oh please even you don't treat her like a Luna, let alone your mate. So don't tell me how to talk to my queen.'

Kena shook with anger, 'Please enough.' I growled, Brynn closed her mouth and Kena took some deep breaths. I returned my attention to Belle. 'How can I help her shift?'

She chuckled. 'Tomorrow during the next full moon, bring her outside then. You are going to have to command her then. She will need the strength of the moon.'

Brynn nodded, moving back to Alora her side. Kissing her forehead, 'I will get you back baby doll.'

Belle smiled, 'Well, I am going to find my dear mate and relax a little,' She turned towards me. 'Same time tomorrow.'

I nodded my head. Kena growled, walking out of the room. Belle nodded her head towards the door, motioning for me to follow her. Frankly, I couldn't care less for her childish behavior. I rushed behind her, only to find her staring at her hands shaking, she had partly shifted from anger the way only a Lycan could.

'Babe, are you alright?' I eyed her, but she didn't answer me. To invested in her own mid-shift. I chuckled, grabbing her hands. Shaking her out of her trance. 'You'll get used to the emotions taking control, partly shifting and everything else.'

She eyed me, her blue eyes searching mine. 'It is okay to be scared.'

She puffed her chest, 'I am not scared.'

'Of course not,' I chuckled. 'My mate, who loves to know everything. Strategizes every move. Isn't afraid of her Lycan that surprises her every now and then.'

She sighed, I leaned into capture her lips with mine. Igniting the fire within her as she pushed me against the wall. She softly bit my lip, I couldn't stop the low growl that escaped me. I growled, I wanted her here and now. But I knew we needed to talk about her fears for her Lycan side.

I pulled back, her eyes dark with lust. 'We need to talk.'

She groaned, 'Why?'

I chuckled. 'Why are you scared?'

She frowned, avoiding my gaze. She seemed to hesitate, not wanting to show her fears. I smiled, 'It is okay Kena.'

Her eyes met mine. 'I fear for our safety little wolf, for yours and for our pack.'

I smiled, pulling her against me. 'Love, we will give them hell. We got one thing Cyllene doesn't have.'

'What?' Her blue eyes meeting mine.

'Two royal Lycan queens.'