Capitulum 47

~Brynn POV~

'Fuck..' I growled as my foot got caught in the next bush. 'Fucking hell hole.'

Besides it almost being completely dark, this part of the forest had grown too much for me to be able to walk through it freely. Even with my Lycan vision it was hard to see through all the thick branches. The past few days I had been roaming around the edge of Lycosura, waiting for Azalea to show up. I had known from the beginning Jack wouldn't keep his word, but I also knew Azalea would try everything in her power to find her way out and I'd wait for her.

My stomach rumbled, I sighed and turned around to snap the roots that had wrapped itself around my foot. I was starving, I needed food. Frankly I hadn't seen many bunnies or anything else around here. They had probably killed them all.

I knew for a fact Cyllene had send some of her Lycan puppets after me, I had tried to cover my tracks and I had even rolled around in mud so my scent wouldn't be all over the place. Yet with every bird that suddenly flew up, or every branch that broke under my foot I jumped. I couldn't be seen, I had to make sure Azalea was safe. I promised.

In the distance I could hear the faint running of water, I stumbled through the bushes and many branches but I finally reached the water. I cupped the water with my hands and I drank, letting the cool water run down my throat. God I had missed this, as much as I wanted to roll around in the water, I knew I couldn't. It wasn't save yet with Cyllene her friends trying to capture me.

At least the water kind of stilled my hunger, suddenly a faint heartbeat startled me. I quickly turned around, ready to fight them. I closed my eyes as I tied to focus on the vibration of the ground or even a shift in the wind. But nothing, I growled. After a few seconds I turned back around, returning my attention to the river.

I smiled as I felt a soft vibration on the ground, exactly as I planned. Someone lunged for me and at the last second I dodged it, smacking it hard with the back of my hand and it fell face forward in the river.

'Who are you?' A snarl escaped me, it wasn't a Lycan. It gasped for air, swiping the water and the plants from her face. 'Dang girl, calm the fuck down.' She growled, frustrated and I instantly recognized her.

'Dani? What are you doing here?' I quickly extended my hand to help her out of the water. 'I could ask you the same dang question.' She growled, smacking my hand away as she used the rocks to steady herself.

'Drinking water, before you rudely interfered.' I chuckled, 'I couldn't smell you though.' I frowned.

And this time she chuckled. 'Yes, Nimue made me a lovely potion so I could roam around freely without Lycans attacking me.' Dani sighed, she made a disgusted face as she wiped more of the water plants from her body. 'How are you even free? I thought they kidnapped you both?'

I nodded my head, 'Yes.. they did. Yet an old friend helped me escape. I am just waiting for Azalea to find her way out. I'd ask you how you found me, but of course Kena sends her best hunter. How is she doing anyways?'

The pain that flashed through her eyes worried me. 'Not good, she is hiding the pain and she isn't saying how she feels. But she isn't doing good Brynn. She is extremely weak, if rogues attack us now we need everyone on board just to protect her.'

I sighed, we need to get Azalea back to Kena and we had to bring her back quick. I knew the danger this situation brought, Kena and Azalea could both die. 'Cyllene is playing it well.. the only way to weaken the Moon Goddess her daughter is by taking away her mate.' I whispered and I knew Azalea being a Lycan only made her situation worse. 'What is your plan Dani?'

Dani eyed me, 'I am trying to find the perfect way in. But it's extremely difficult almost every entrance has at least three Lycans guarding it. I can barely take out one.'

'I know one entrance, it's the one I escaped from. A secret passage to Lycosura. I'll come along.' I eyed her, Dani seemed to hesitate and I rolled my eyes. 'Dani you aren't stopping me from saving Azalea.'

'Kena told me to bring you both home,' she argued, contemplating her options.. 'You better buy me pie when we make it out of it alive.'

I rolled my eyes. 'Yes ma'am.'

Dani followed me carefully through the branches and many trees, I had to admit I wasn't sure where we were going. I was just hoping I could find something familiar, something that would lead me back. To be fair I hadn't paid any attention to the surroundings as I had been running from the castle.

Dani sighed as her foot got stuck in the same bush I had been stuck in and I couldn't help but giggle. Her eyes shot daggers in my direction, 'I can't understand what Alora sees in you.'

I rolled my eyes. 'Oh please, I am a delight.'

'I highly doubt it. You just stay around for your own gain. Not our safety, just so you can be released from your oath.' She snapped, breaking free from the bush as she walked past me.

'You are right,' I said, I could just hear her eyes roll at me from the back of her head. 'That was before I met Azalea.'

'Sure.'

'What do you even know about my oath to Kena and Azalea?' I snapped, she was getting on my nerves.

'I know enough to say you are in this for your own gain.' She repeated, 'I know because of you and the magic thingy thing Azalea is stuck in there.'

'Magic thingy thing?' I repeated, trying to stop the chuckle that wanted to escape me. She quickly turned around her gaze piercing right through mine.

'The memory flash back thingy!' She growled.

I sighed. 'Look, Azalea is extremely powerful. Deianira never spoke about Azalea her father or whoever got her pregnant. We only know she kept sneaking off without a guard by her side.' I started to explain, Dani kept moving forward.

'Kena, is the descanted of the Moon Goddess. Which makes her extremely powerful too. Them being mated, makes the strongest couple ever. Deianira made all of us take an oath to take care of Azalea and Kena. Every single Lycan will keep that oath, whether it is for our own gain or not.'

Dani eyed me, 'I thought Lycaon was her father.'

I frowned, 'We all did, but something is telling me he isn't. Yet because everyone thinks so, Cyllene is after Kena and Azalea.'

'Yep,' Dani sighed, 'And we are after her.'

Dani stopped in her tracks, 'Quickly take a sip.' She nearly pushed the potion down my throat but I obeyed. She pulled me towards the tree and started to climb in it. 'Hurry!'

'Alright. alright.' I followed her lead until we were high off the ground. 'What is going on?'

'Ssh..' And she pointed to something in the distance. Three Lycans were moving right towards us. Shit, I wondered how fast this potion would work.

'She isn't here Do,' One snarled, 'We are wasting time, so she has escaped so what? The Alpha is weak enough.'

The Lycan named Don instantly turned around grabbing his friends throat. 'If Cyllene finds out I lost the princess, she will have me killed.' He snarled, dropping his friend to the ground. 'Keep looking.' He ordered.

My eyes met Dani, we were thinking the exact same thing, 'Azalea had escaped.