Chapter 203

"Holy fuck I'm actually doing this."

I've been waiting for Brie to start freaking out, although I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be when she was just about to walk towards the aisle.

I pop my head around and stare back down the aisle at Steve, we're hidden around the side of the pillar so he can't see us yet but I can see how nervous he's getting.

Damn this place is beautiful.

Brie loves mirrors, obviously, anyone who looked like Brianna Parker would love a fucking mirror but she's really outdone herself on this wedding. She'd picked this hotel simply because it had a purely white ballroom she could make her own; the floors, pillars, walls, even the ceiling was either a pure white or made of a strong marble. I've visited this venue with her at least a dozen times since she picked it but today it looks completely different, she's added so many unique touches.

Most people have rose petals or maybe a red carpet for an aisle but not her, the entire thing is one long mirror reflecting back the sunlight pouring in through the floor length windows on either side.

Brie has always had good taste, she used to organise things like this for a living so of course she already knew what she wanted before Steve even proposed but I couldn't have ever pictured something this grand. Although, the giant chandeliers and abundance of pure white lilies and black roses pale in comparison to how gorgeous she looks.

She is very much the star of the show here.

"Brie, I kind of need to go stand with my brother now, best man duties and all that... Are you good? Do you need me to hold your heels so you can bolt?" She chuckles, we both know she could do ten miles in those monster heels on fucking cobbles, she's a machine.

If I'm perfectly honest, I fully expected to have to hunt her down and drag her down the aisle after she was done freaking out today, but the moment that Al takes hold of her hands it's like all the fear disappears for her.

"You got this bitch, let's go make that man a Parker."

A Parker.

These two are actually fucking doing it.

"Fuck, I really do fucking love him don't I? Oh god, I'm getting fucking married... Quick, somebody make out with me before I get tied down. Mini Thompson, you've always had a bit of a crush on me right? Someone go grab me Connor, or Cole!"

Jesus fucking Christ, this girl.

Miles eyes grow wide as he shakes his head emphatically at me, which only makes me laugh more, bless his little heart. Al takes it upon herself to fix the situation when she grabs hold of Brie's jaw and plants her lips right on her best friend's. They both break apart giggling, May chuckling along as she checks Brie's make up again for the final time.

Time to do this.

Just as I turn to leave, Liam takes hold of my hand, all the nerves running through him so clearly as he quakes slightly whilst looking out at all the guests. Shit, I really wasn't sure if he'd be able to walk down that aisle with the rings after everything that's happened, and as I look at him now I realise this might just be a bit too much.

Brie notices to, seeming to forget that she's in her wedding dress and dropping to her knees in front of Liam, but resisting the urge to touch him as he clings to my hip.

"Is this too much for you little man? Do you want to go sit down with Hope instead? Or do you want to walk down the aisle holding somebody's hand?" Brie's voice is so perfectly calm, for someone that can scare the shit out of anyone with a single look, she really knows how to set a kid at ease.