Chapter 231

JOSH'S P.O.V

A date. I'm going on a fucking date with him.

Oh god breathe, it's not like this is your first date with the guy... Although it sure as fuck feels like it.

I was a fucking wreck from the moment that we left the auditorium. I swear to fucking Cher, I don't know how I drove home.

Damn it, Charlie! That's his bloody pop culture references taking over his mind again!

I wanted to fucking see Miles so bad this week, I've written out a hundred messages trying to see him but I just couldn't send them. I told him I'd give him space and time because that's what I thought you are supposed to do in these kinds of situations, it's the mature thing, but I just don't fucking want to do it anymore.

I want him.

I really fucking want him.

We needed today, I could see how fucking nervous he was when he saw me but it all faded away the moment we were together. We just needed that push, something we couldn't escape.

It felt even more like perfectly placed destiny when we walked out of the museum, only for the security guard that let us in on our date to spot us. I didn't know what to fucking do when he just smiled brightly, saying 'I always knew you kids would make it' like I'm not a man in his mid fucking thirties.

Miles was blushing like fucking crazy and it was so cute, but he still took hold of my hand and smiled back at the guy like we'd never been apart.

It truly feels like we never have.

When he asked me out I almost kind of panicked about what to do with Liam, I know he would have organised something around him if he needed to because I don't leave him with anybody but Al and Brie, and he knew they were both sick... or at least I thought they were both sick.

Miles and Heather got the train down, so I offered to give them a lift home, something Heather seemed very keen and excited about, almost as if that was the plan all along to force us to spend more time together. When we pulled up at her house I found that Al was perfectly fit and healthy, still under the impression that it was Brie that had taken Heather to the museum.

It didn't really make sense but so hasn't a lot of stuff today. Like those two kids pretending to be sleeping in the back of the car whilst taking sneaky photos of me and Miles, or the fact that Liam had a sleepover bag packed in my trunk that I knew nothing about so he could dive straight into the Thompson household for the night tonight.

Miles didn't seem that surprised though, just grinning at both of them and taking a traditional goodbye selfie before letting me take him home.

I have no idea what he's planning but sitting in the house waiting for him feels like fucking torture.

I've never had to wait for him before, he's never picked me up before. Hell, I've never even been in a car he was driving.

Stop looking out the damn windows Josh, it's not going to make him get here any faster. I really need to calm down.

I have no fucking idea what he has planned but he seemed pretty sure that it wouldn't take him too long to organise, all I had to do was dress warm.

I'm nervous. I'm so fucking nervous.

The way that we were today at the Space Centre, it was like nothing had fucking changed for us, like it was the weekend after our first date there or something and not four years fucking later. Even though I could tell that both of us felt unsure on how far we could take things, both of us really fucking wanted to just be together.