Chapter 227

MILO'S P.O.V

My chest feels so fucking tight I can hardly it take a proper breath as Josh pulls into his driveway. I don't even know how I ended up here, I just needed to get out of the house so I decided to go for a run and the next thing I knew I was standing outside his front door.

I know I look like shit... I guess I expected him to look the same way after everything that happened last night but he just doesn't, he looks... good.

Happy even.

I guess he figured out what he wanted last night and that's where he's been then...

I try my best to get onto my feet but after running here and not being able to eat all fucking day, my legs feel like Jelly. Or maybe that's just the effect he has on me now.

What the fuck are you talking about Milo, it's the effect he's always had on you.

This would be so much fucking easier if he didn't have those eyes... that smile. It's not a big one but the tiny curl up in his lip like he's so fucking sure of his life is really throwing me off.

He went back to him didn't he?

"Hey, where's your car?" He asks, glancing around at the empty driveway. Just the sound of his voice does something to me it never should. Not anymore.

"I ummm... kind of... I was out for a run." He nods with understanding, by the fucking shape on him right now I'm guessing running is all he fucking does. I mean look at his...

It doesn't matter Milo, you know why you're here and you know what you need to do. You need to clear your fucking conscious so you can leave this place and never ever ever return because this man is just way too fucking beautiful for you to have in your life...

Standing more firmly, I force my body to comply with me as I look him in the eye. He kind of looks... nervous? I don't know why because what he should look is fucking angry.

"Look Josh, I just wanted to come and apologise for... trying to... Fuck, for trying to kiss you last night." And for destroying you ten times over before then. "I let my heart run away with me but I shouldn't have. I knew that you were with someone else and no matter what I thought was happening, I still shouldn't have done that. I want to apologise to Xade too, if I did anything to come between you and him-"

"There is no me and him, Miles, we aren't together anymore." He doesn't say the words with any pain, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing if it's just him suppressing his emotions again.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want that and I want to fix anything I broke. Do you want me to talk to him? I can explain that it was all my fault and get him to give you another chance if that's what you want. I'll tell him that I totally misre-"

"You're still really fucking cute when you ramble."

Excuse you?

Did he just say...? You can't fucking say that to me right now Josh... Besides, we both know that it's you that's fucking cute.

My eyes drop to his bottom lip as it becomes wedged between his teeth, a hint of amusement in his eyes when he just stares at me watching it... He's probably staring because you can't shut your fucking mouth! For God's sake Milo, pick your jaw up off the floor, this is embarrassing.

And ignore the crazy butterflies in your stomach...

"Josh... You can't... I mean, you shouldn't... Why would you say..." Words Milo! Remember words? They are those funny little noises you make with your tongue so that the people around you know what the fuck you're trying to tell them!