Chapter 223

MILO'S P.O.V.

Stop looking at me like that Josh... It's going to make me fucking kiss you.

God, I want to kiss him...

The trembles that have been rippling over my skin since the moment our bodies touched turn into a quake big enough to shake the fucking earth as his hands sensually smooth over my skin until they're sitting at the sides of my neck.

His touch... His glorious hands on my body again... Damn it Josh...

What the fuck are you doing to me..?

I just want him. I know I shouldn't, I know I shouldn't be fucking thinking the things that I have ever since the moment my eyes fell on him again, but I can't fucking help it. I want him, the same way I've always wanted him.

And I swear to fuck he wants me to.

With his head pressed against mine, I can feel every time he lets a staggered breath leave his lips, his exhales becoming my inhales until it feels like our bodies are one being all over again.

I didn't think it would be like this, I hadn't dared let myself truly believe it could happen... I forced myself to forget what it meant to be with him, but I can't do that now.

There is nothing I could say with something as frivolous as words to explain how it feels to have this man back in my arms. It's where he fucking belongs... we both fucking know that.

His head lifts ever so gently from mine, our bodies still forced together so I can feel his own heartbeat against my chest as he floats in front of my face with his eyes surrendering to mine.

There's never been a more perfect shade of blue. I could look at them forever, I could die having lost my entire life just staring into his oceanic pools and not regret a fucking moment. Every second would be worth it.

He's worth it.

He was always fucking worth it.

I've always been able to read him, the rest of the world believes his smiles and falls hopelessly in love with his charms but I've always been able to see the scars on his soul underneath. There are so many more of them now, cuts made with the blade of my absence but I would spend the rest of my life healing them if he'd fucking let me.

My body just feels weak with him, his heart using Delilah's knife to slice through my hair and leave me nothing but a fractured shadow, searching for the hope within his light to place me back together again. I am at his mercy.

I've always had to be strong for everyone else, so has he, but we've never had to be that way with each other. We could always embrace our weaknesses in the safety of our care for one another, knowing our bodies, minds and souls were never at risk, until it was that surrender that gave us true strength.

Strength I've only ever found with him. The same strength I feel from him now.

The heat radiates from his frame, his eyes entrapped by my own until at the same moment our vision drops and I'm staring at his awaiting lips.

Those lips... He can't possibly imagine the number of nights I cried myself to sleep just wanting to feel those lips once more.

Just one kiss...

Fuck, just one... Please...

Just let me hold you again.

I gently trickle my hand up his spine, gauging every flicker of emotion as I travel to the spot where my kiss first met his skin, watching his chest still completely for a moment as I circle my finger at that very point, activating the touch memory that he had long buried.