Chapter 213

MILO'S P.O.V.

"I was so sorry to hear about your break up man, you must be fucking heartbroken." Oh he's funny. "I mean, love like that only comes along once in a fucking lifetime."

When I get to this party, the very first thing I'm doing is punching my brother in the fucking face.

I swear he wasn't this annoying when we were younger, sometimes I think my life would've been easier if we'd just remained the brothers that fucking hated each other rather than being as close as we are now.

I don't mean that, I love him too fucking much to mean that. I wouldn't have made it through the last four years without him.

"You're hilarious Jayce, seriously, you should try out for comedy rather than training to be a fucking high school gym coach." He's never going to let me live this down.

You be a fake boyfriend for your favourite classmate one time, after her parents threaten to send her off to some military camp when they catch her in bed with another woman, and all of a sudden your the butt of all your brothers inside jokes for eternity. If her parents weren't so powerful and didn't work for the fucking university we wouldn't have needed to go so far with it!

"Sorry man, it's sweet, you have your own Lisa!" She is not my Lisa, not all lesbians are the same person Jayce!

"Funny Jayce, funny. You ever tell a soul about this and let it leak to the press, I will end you." I'm just starting out in my career, get branded a fake boyfriend now and it'll stick for a fucking eternity. It was worth it though, at least she's free now.

"I actually think it was very noble what you did. I just didn't think it would go on for like six months." Yeah, neither did I. "So, are her and her girlfriend safe now? Lisa got them all settled with her support foundation far away from her fucking homophobic-cunt parents?"

Yes, thank God. It took them a while to be able to get everything they needed together and get out but they are now. I'm going to miss her though, Ashley was the first real friend I made after going to LSU. I'll go visit after my first season.

I nod, Luke laughing at me from the passenger seat when I realise my brother can't actually see me through the Bluetooth speakers in my fucking car.

"Yeah, her parents can't get to her anymore. They were still threatening to send her to that place even after we started fake fucking dating, using her mental health against her to keep her under their control and threatening to have her fucking sectioned, it was a fucking mess. I mean, we couldn't have made it much more believable if we tried! Other than actually fucking the girl, I was pretty much the perfect fucking boyfriend... It doesn't matter now, it bought her the time she needed, it's all worked out in the end."

Luke rolls his eyes at me, we both know he thinks I had another reason I agreed to do this, not that it matters. She was my friend, she needed help, the fact that it gave me six months without anybody hitting on me or trying to set me up finally, that was just a bonus.

People didn't seem keen to accept that I just didn't actually want to date through college... at all.

"That's good man, I think people might actually be cool about it if they found out though, you might come across as the hero." He's having a laugh right? Because people on the internet are well known for being so kind and accepting.

I learnt my lesson after the world found out I'm not exactly a ruler-straight guy. Being who I am in sport, yeah Jayce was right, it's hard. Not that I care what anyone else thinks, I'm good with who I am, I just don't want to give them anymore ammunition.

I can see the headlines now "First openly sexually fluid NBA signed player enters fake relationship with lesbian classmate to save her from clutches of homophobic cunts threatening to take her away from college." Yeah, right wing press would eat that the fuck up, they already don't want me on their kids posters.