Chapter 228

"It's... It's..." Perfect.

Did he build this?

I'd been so caught up with the view of the ocean that I hadn't even seen the gorgeous house sitting right behind the car.

It's like it stepped off the pages of my fucking imagination.

"I hope the ends of these sentences are nice." Josh chuckles, gesturing for me to follow him towards the most awe-inspiring home I've ever seen.

It's just like he said it would be. Big enough for a family but still small enough to make sure you can hear the kids wherever they are. There's so much space to grow, it's all clean and crisp now but I can see where the kids are going to leave their muddy shoes on the deck, where they'll fall asleep on the swinging chair watching the sunset and the spot where he's going to hang out the window to call them back in for supper.

The white window shutters flap slightly in the wind as Josh slips his key into the lock, but I can't even take a step up onto the deck, all I can do is look at it.

Have you ever had one of those moments, maybe you spot someone across the street or you're just sitting in your house watching TV, but you have this eerie sensation that you've lived in this moment before... Only for you to try and shake away the thought, convincing yourself that you probably saw it in a dream somewhere...

I saw this in my dreams.

I saw the sash windows, I saw the light blue paint... I saw the handsome man in the doorway smiling back at me just before he steps inside.

Forcing myself to climb the steps, inside is even more fucking spectacular. The washed white floors still carrying the scent of new wood, there's hardly any furniture in here yet but I can see where it's all going to go. The open space running straight through the ground floor, never isolating anyone from each other, a space for a family to eat and laugh and fight and play.

"You can come in Miles..." Josh leans back against the counter of the solid traditional kitchen, this place isn't filled with little gadgets like the one he got from Steve, it isn't finely tuned like the Manor. It's welcoming, it's the kind of place where you could just fall down on the couch after a hard day and let the sound of the sea wash it all away.

Imagine getting to wake up to this every morning...

My eyes get drawn to the corners of the structure and the widest smile spreads over my face at the exposed trunks of thick oak trees.

He really did steal some ideas from that place...

"Josh... it's fucking incredible. Why the fuck haven't you moved in here yet?" The small scattering of furniture is definitely not enough for him and Liam to move in here soon.

"It's only been ready for a few weeks... Xade's place was bigger so he thought it made sense for us all to live there. The realtor rented me the furniture in here so I could take photos to sell it, but I just can't go through with it... It's mine."

It is his, I can see him in every part of it.

"You can't sell it Josh, it's your dream come true. Liam is going to fucking love it." He smiles brightly at me, I can already see Liam out on that beach building a little sand Minecraft fort by the end of the month. Growing up here is going to be amazing for him.

"I hope so... He hasn't seen it since it was just an empty square frame. I haven't really brought anyone here." His eyes catch mine across the room, my hands digging their way into the back of the couch just to stop me fucking running to him. "What about you? Jayce said you were thinking of leaving again..."