Chapter 2 ⚛️ Milady

Before I can even move my body and force myself to stand up, the door opened and suddenly a figure of a woman appeared. She wore the usual uniform of western maids or servants, it is a ribbon white and black shaggy dress which has 4 layers and white headband.

"Goodness, milady, what are you doing? You shouldn't force yourself up, you need to rest more after what happened, you fell on the lake 2 days ago, " the maid proclaims and she respectfully approaches me, she bows before she held my shoulder helping me to move back to the bed.

What does she mean fell on the lake?

"It's good to see you awake milady, please wait here, I'll call for the physician and your father, " before I can even react, the maid left in hurry running around the corner. I am dead serious looking at this feature in front of the mirror, I'm probably 10-years-old because I'm so tiny.

Before dying, I can never forget the feeling of that moment when Iris sincerely apologize to me. She was stubborn and never been that low nor does she cares about anything but the prince, the warmth she had given me before coming here is still tickling on my shoulder that guided me even as I came here.

Iris showed her true self and it was not boring watching her cry... When my instinct told me that someone is coming, I immediately looked at the door expecting someone to enter. The door was open because the maid didn't close it after leaving so I can see the outside and the hallways that has vases in pots of flowers.

I sigh in disbelief and tried walking on the white carpet that I hardly notice earlier, I then use my hands to try and balance myself when I touched the carpet. Before I realize it, my feet started to crumble on their own like jelly, that's how I felt and began pulling myself up while forcing my feet to stand straight.

I remain holding on to the mattress of my bed and tried freeing myself but I wasn't sure if this body would hold up for more than how long.

I settled with a force on my trembling feet to move on its own like a baby practising to walk, my feet were balancing themselves but my body is starting to give up. I pulled myself together and tried to walk once more but when I was about to take a step, rushing groans and steps arrived in my room.

"What are you doing!? Your body is fragile so why are you forcing everything!?" I heard a frustrated voice coming at the back of my shoulder and I can feel the immense anger in his calm voice as well as the worry that he had kept hidden. I know that the voice is owned by a man because no woman can speak in so highly pitched like him.

I was about to turn my body when I slipped on the floor and ended up losing the balance I kept until now. The face of the man appeared before me when I looked up, he has a cool appearance neither less he was old but he look so angry. I can see the resemblance between him and this girl's appearance from the color of her hair to the color of her rose lips.

Is she perhaps an acquaintance or her father?

"Look, I told you, why won't you listen to your father even once!? " I was right, he is her/my father. He lowered himself to match with me and tears fell off his cheeks like a river in the mountain, he gaze at the white carpets and he remain as it is.

I don't know why he's crying but I feel like I'm sad for some reason.

"Marquis, we have to check the lady if she's fine or she's suffering from any injuries, " another man appeared before us and this time the other man wears a thick glass with a little burn on his face, he patted the shoulder of her/my father and he looked at me.

"First of all, you need to rest, little lady, " he spoke as if I'm 5 years old, he then lifted me up from his shoulders and drop me off back to the mattress.

"Are you hurt? " the man asked and I shrugged to answer him.

"Do you feel any achings on your head? " I shrugged and he nodded.

"Do you feel any pain from your recent injuries? " I shrugged.

"Do you feel sick for some reason? Or does your feet hurt? " I endured the pain when I was a kid so it didn't really matter.

"Do you remember what happens after you fell on the lake?" I shrugged cause my memory is so fuzzy that I don't remember much about her.

"Do remember me? " the man asked so I looked at him and think for a while. If I say I don't, will they become suspicious of me? I remember that the western nobles don't believe in amnesia, so when someone of their family forgets about them they are deemed imposter and will die within the gallows.

I looked at him and nodded forcing myself to remember but I failed anyway. "Do you remember the marquis?" I nodded and even though I'm not sure about their identity, it's better to keep it hidden for a while before I remember everything.

"Are you tired? If the miss is tired, I can check on you later on, " I look at him and shrugged, I wasn't tired but this body might be...

"I see, I will prescribe you medicine, do drink them 2 times a day, don't overuse water when drinking, it's good to drink less before gulping a glass of water. " He turn around and look at my father who was seated beside the table, he looked at the man who happens to be the physician and he pointed outside before both of them went outside.

Honestly, I don't wanna stay indoors for much longer, I'm more than capable of walking outside or training my sword in the heavy heat of the sunlight. My soul is made of steel and without it, how can I move on? I'm a warrior, a soldier who had experience fighting on the front line and I know how the military work. I don't belong in the court, instead, I belong to the front line where fighting is all I care about.

"Milady, here have some cup of water, " the maid give me the glass which contains water, so with the energy, I have in my fingers, I accepted it without a doubt and drank it slowly just like the physician said.

"The marquis is only worried about you milady, you were after all is his only daughter and a child that mostly needs his protection, he loves you so much that what happened that day crushed him, I hope you understand milady, " what happened? I look at the maid and return the glass nodding my head slowly, she said that I was loved by my father, and that's the first time I even hear that sentence in my entire life.

A father who loved her daughter didn't exist in my world, I am nothing but the cause of my father's pain so I didn't feel affectionate when he died.

The maid remain smiling when I shifted back my gaze but I can see a glimpse of worry in her smile enough that she can't deceive me. She must be a good servant of this girl, she must be precious to her since this maid acted like a friend instead of a servant.

Moments later my father came back with a troubled look on his face. I can see his expression turn and change from worry to sadness, anger to frustration but he left out a sigh and he approached me.

"Atina, why did you do that? Why did you leave our residence and thought of killing yourself? Why? Am I so bad that even my daughter resent me? I know I've never been this close to you but I promise to be more of a father to you, so please don't do that again... Okay? " I looked at him with confused eyes... Atina? Is that my name? He looked at me with a face so pale...

He seems so sad and afraid. So that's why they said that she fell off the lake when the truth, she tried killing herself but for what reason? I don't have her memories nor does I remember much about her. Maybe I'll remember soon like amnesia.

"I will keep that in mind, father, " I said noticing that my voice seem too ladylike, unlike my voice which usually is mainly high pitched.

"For the rest of the day, you'll be resting in your room, don't go outside because your body is still weak, understand? " he seem very nice to me, I wonder why she tried to kill herself, Atina? Is that your name? My name?

"Yes. "