Chapter 29 ☪ Lady Lucia

We headed straight to the path which we thought the bandites came from. We followed the most filthy smell that covered the places, and the vivid sound of voices that came from many men.

    As we walked down the passageway that leads to the seemingly open entrance, voices that we hardly heard earlier had busted out in a loud noise. Laughter, chatting, drinking, swearing and sounds echoed through the way we just passed by.

    It's like there is an inn inside, because of those noises. I can hear different kinds of conversation and tapping on the table, there is also the sound of snoring, a low pitch noise that is easy to detect and I can hear a firm sound of a swaying whipping. 

    "Sir Adrian, does Human Rights matter in this empire? " What's the point in asking? I shocked my head because I knew myself so what's the point in asking? Human Rights are important in every world, even when I was in my former world. 

    However, despite having a law for Human Rights. Slavery, abuse, kidnapping and abduction is not something easily can be taken down. That's right, it is not something so easy to get rid off. "Milady? " they called, and when I looked at them, I chuckled.

    "Nevermind, " I quietly said. 

--+-•-+--

    We knocked down many of the bandits that got in our way, or worse, killed them. The seemingly loud and noise earlier had become bath blood of their own, splashing across the bar where the inn had been created. 

    Few men were able to get up, and so I striked again to finish them off. Adrian and Dores, teamed up to take the East, while I took what was in the west. The noise has gotten quieter, and at the bar which has barrels of ram and alcohol, the side of it is a prison which is filled with girls around the age of 10-11 or sort of. 

    They must be the abducted children. When we finished the fight, I took my sword back and looked at them. "Lady Lucia! " I called but I didn't hear anyone who responded to my calls. 

    Nonetheless, we need to take these children out first. "Dores, call the messenger bird! " I commanded and observed everyone, there seemed to be injuries and others seemed to be unfine, the looks on their faces is not as friendly as someone who was saved by a passerby but a face that tells how hostile they are. 

    "What should I send the messenger bird, mil━ I mean, milord? " I give Dores a nod. 

    "Send father a message, tell him that Adrian went to the Haunted Forest near the southern road, tell him that you need an assistant of a few knights at least to bring those children back to the town, and remind him to send someone to pass the haunted forest boundary. " 

    Dores nodded and he seemed to understand my command. That said, I have to find Lady Lucia first but if she's her and she's just scared to come out, or if they took her then I have to ask these children about what happened here.