Chapter 12 ☪ The Cat And His Muse

I need to convince the emperor, but how? I assume he'll be suspicious why the crown prince left our residence mentioning any good news regardless of his marriage proposal. I'm sure the emperor thinks that marrying off to a girl like me can at least erase the rumor, but the rumor has been very suspicious lately.

    According to his highness, the crown prince, the rumor didn't end even though it's been a month, and the emperor is trying to cover up the mess. I think someone is behind the spread, maybe the articles or the journalist? Maybe? I'm not sure, but everything is a mess and I have no information regardless of that matter.

    Anna is resting, so I'm not sure who I should trust in this house with the job of collecting information, so I lie low for a few days. I ask the crown prince to cover up and give us more time, so when his majesty asks him, he will tell him I need more time cause I'm still a child after all. 

    Well, I started my life. I thought it's time to stop acting like a doll and think of myself and what I wanted to do in this lifetime. I can think this all, feel these emotions thanks to Seira, her heart and body are full of warmth. 

    I am happy to be alive like her, because it changed me entirely.

    The whispers didn't let me sleep at night, nor did it shut up even on the battlefield. I can hear them lingering at my back like a distinguished ghost. They were meant to be unpleasant and impulsive, but regardless of their rudeness, I kept my promise and ascended them to heaven. 

    That duty is a double backstabber, it has no reasons or accomplishments. It only leads to torture its vessel's mind, like echoing in a nonstop plea each day in every second without a rest. 

    *Knock Knock*

    "Come in, the door is open," I said. 

    The door slowly opened and a figure or a woman in maid uniform suddenly appeared. She has a commoners trait, so I knew she's a commoner, regardless of that. She smiles so gently as she bows in front of me quietly.

    "Greetings milady, my name is Liliana, I was temporarily being assigned as your aid, my apologies if I intruded, " she seem pretty formal for a maid, more than that, I demanded Anna that her vacation will be said in secret, who else know that Anna is on vacation? 

    Suspicious but understandable... 

    "I did not request for temporary help. Who ordered you? " Surely if she's a spy or assassin, she won't point out the obvious. Let us see then, the response she'll be giving.

    Besides, I told Anna not to request a maid for temporary assistance cause I don't need it.

    I took the cup of tea on my table, observing the texture of the tea. This was brewed by another maid so I'm not quite sure. 

    "The head maid said, she said Miss Anna left for a vacation, " my lips are about inches ahead of the tea cup, if she didn't respond quickly, I would have taken the tea and she would have succeeded.