Chapter 8 ☪️ Godforsaken, Stop!

"Marquis Lordest, I myself didn't know about this, she is smart but not this clever. " I give a poker face as they continue arguing about me, they won't stop fighting over something so small, god, they look like childrens fighting over nonsense things.

    Finally, I broke the unstoppable argument that Marquis Lordest is trying to keep on insisting, I tap my little fingers on the wooden table and open the basket that was laying on the table.

    I got hungry suddenly.

    I took another basket out of the basket that contained delicious snacks and sandwiches, then I took a napkin and sat on the table.

    "I don't need to inform you that I know things Marquis Lordest, it's not your business if I'm knowledgeable or smart, you have no rights to assume without further investigation, nor you are allowed to do so, " I give one sandwich to Sir Rodrigo and then the another to Count Laniel.

    I heard him groan, so I took another to give him. 

    "I have been learning for the past few days so I'm familiar with military conduct. I don't think learning only about Ladyship etiquette is very fun, " I hinted in a mock voice.

    "I see, I understand, please forgive my impudent actions, you just surprised me a bit. "

--+-•-+--

    After at least an hour of chatting personally and asking about things, afternoon arrive so fast that I didn't think about the time, father had an afternoon meeting with the emperor, he said that I can roam around this place because it's the closest to the prince palace, so that's what I did, with Sir Adrian of course.

    I was told that I have been in the palace so I should be aware of the structure to where I go, but I said that I had forgotten about it so Sir Adrian insisted on escorting me in the meantime.

    My feet eventually had taken me to a garden filled with dead flowers that had not been managed for many years. 

    "Sir Adrian, what is this place? " I placed my hands on my dress and asked. 

    "The empress palace, " I gaze at him.

    "Empress Palace? "

    "This place hasn't been managed since the empress's death, this was forbidden, do you remember that the Imperial Palace has 6 separate palaces, the emperor's palace, the main palace, the prince and princess palace and the empress palace, with also the concubine palace, " he explained.

    It is maybe a western style, but it is not much different from the eastern style, I see.

    "Empress death? How did she die? " My question made Sir Adrien confused for a moment, I can see how his elbow shifted in a suffocating confusion.