Chapter 24 ☪ House Krul

It's morning and three of the knights I chose yesterday seem to have freshened up. I'm glad they took some good rest and didn't look like ghosts. Henceforth, Sir Adrian had prepared the carriage but I insisted on using a horse, this way, it will be easier and far faster than waiting for the carriage to move. 

    He tried to argue with me about being a lady and all but I won regardless, he tried to tell me that I shouldn't be acting like an indifferent child but that didn't get me, so now, here we are entering the town after we rushed in. 

    [Casva Harbor] near a port where ships lay down, this is a place that Count Krul had protected from pirates that once took over the Casva Town and his villa near the end of the mountains which is connected between the town and its bridge right through the lake. 

    Bandites had usually raid this town when House Krul is on guard, but they use pirates as bait to raid nearby houses and shops to avoid those of town guards patrolling the area. 

    Basically because the bandites of Three Legged Organization are active nearby, the town is unable to feel at ease and because the town has no protective walls around, bandites and monsters have attacked this town for nearly 10 years. 

    House Krul had their own villa in the capital, mostly because House Krul is part of our vassal and one of the division knights, they can't always protect the town because most of the lords and ladies are in the capital. 

    We asked various people about the Krul Family and everyone gladly said the same praises. "They are good people, " or so I thought, most of those that answer are those that have the eye of a liar and those that fear something that is why they have to lie. 

    Others will probably ignore us as if we are not allowed to ask. In case, I went to a nearby library to find information but the librarian kicked me out without knowing my identity, and I was humiliated actively. 

    I am not mad, yet I'm doubtful. There's something going on, and my guts are killing me to investigate my bad feeling, so I asked Sir Adrian if we can visit places for gossip, like taverns where rumors travel fast and gossip is what we need. 

    Now, we are here. 

    "Milady, taverns are where adventurers, merchants, traders, and travelers come from various places, we can find information here by being quiet. "

    Sir Eclise explain and so I nodded. 

    "Keep out for information about what's going on, don't let them intimidate you when you feel like it, keep a low profile, " I said, tightening the grip on my cloak hiding my appearance inside of it before I gripped my fingers. 

    "Yes, milady, " they nodded, understanding my command and they bowed. 

    We use cloaks to hide our identity, and since these three wear the knight armor of our family, I need to cover it up by wearing a cloak, this way, we can keep a low profile.