Chapter 22 ☪ Mother's Warmth

The baroness is a good woman, I'd say that even after death, why? I find her story fascinating, you see. Before I planned my order to the knight, I first asked her 'what kind of relationship does she have with her daughter?' or something like 'Do they have any history that she neglects her'. 

    It was obvious, yet the baroness smiled and she showed me a frame like picture, painted in pastels. The one painted on the wall of the frame is none other than the baroness holding an infant yet beautiful child in her arms. Her expression while carrying the young infant was chilling and lovely, there was no hint nor sign of hatred written on her eyes nor her face, it was all chilling.

    The way she looked at her baby while holding her tightly and the way that the picture was drawn was nice and tidy. It was overwhelmingly astonishing to watch, because the painter portrayed what he had seen from what the baroness thinks and feels. 

    While the child was happily reaching for her mother with those tiny hands of her, and never laid down until she could touch her. 

    "Baroness, why are you showing me this? " I asked, it was not obvious at first glance but the moment she turned her gaze to me and shifted back to the painting, she gave off a beautiful smile that shows so much emotion without properly calling it well. 

    She smiles, gazing at the painting. Then she touched the painting slowly and smoothly, her smile brightened up that the vibe of her warmth had passed through me, like the feeling so warm that she gives off, I can feel them. 

    It's weird... Have I gone so weak? I have never felt so many emotions in my entire life because I was cold, it has never been like this, I must be hallucinating if that was the case. 

    This might also be an illusion... No... I just don't think it's possible. 

    Her warmth is not something I have felt from my father who loves me, it was different, what was missing? 

    No! 

    Why do I feel like I'm lost? My head is cracking from all this crazy thoughts, from all this crazy idea, from all of this (emotions) but it wasn't so bad as if I'm getting used to it, or was more likely greater than the empty shell of the great reaper (Shinigami).

    I want to laugh but I can't. If I'm feeling this now that it feels like I'm breaking, then so be it, if this could make me understand emotions more well. If not, I'm just better off dead than to deal with this thinking and thoughts, especially when I was Mei, that girl is nothing but a lonely reaper wandering off the battlefield asking for salvation.

    "Milady? Are you alright? You look so pale, " the baroness asked, yet when I looked at her, I wasn't able to gaze at her eyes like I used to and ended up pushing my back, turning my head against the wall. 

    "Milady is a strong person, you lost your mother at a young age, it must be hard living without a mother, I can't relate with it but I know how you feel. "