Chapter 18 ☪ Journey To House Cullian (Part 3)

I suffered with heavy injuries and had been resting for the last day. My hand was bruised but not completely out of control, it was shaking but gone numb and so I can't really feel much of the pain.

Anna looked so pale when she saw me carried by Sir Adrian and bathing myself with injuries. She looked stern, unable to accept my recklessness and she was going to report to father when Sir Adrian convinced her not to.

It seems, Sir Adian, has finally understood why I trust him not to say a word...

Anyways, Anna hasn't talked to me since that day and we ended up camping near [ Malgrave Forest ] and we are nearing the port. Luckily my injuries aren't severe enough for her to freak out this much.

"Are you still mad at me? " I asked sternly, at first, she only looked at me and didn't reply but changed her mind and gulped.

"Of course! You did such a reckless thing! What do we do if something bad happens to you!? "she yelled screaming at the top of her lungs in front of me and the knights.

"That... Will never happen... "

"But, if it happens? " I smiled and immediately hugged her.

"Not with you being here and won't stop whining about it, that will never happen, " I said in persuasion. I am confident in my ability and the [ last mercy ] I received before killing the demonic beast completely.

I am not sure what happened that time either, my guess is that I heard the calling from someone [ above ] like goddess or god of some sort, I know they exist but hearing them was unbelievable without a proof, I sweat when I have heard a voice and never did I imagine that my former Artificial Magic would follow me here...

Or so I thought...

Artificial Magic is just like how it is named after... It's artificial, since magic was rare in my former world, we use [ fake ] and artificial magic, to sustain ourselves with an ability by bypassing science in our own ways. However, we use mage as a sacrifice to ensure the success rate of Artificial Magic, and I was close to the successful projects that were able to manifest mana from mages.

It proves usefulness in battle... Between lots of us who use this piece, only I survive amongst those who manifested the [ Artificial Magic ] that now I bore, it seems that the [ Goddess ] in name was merciful to a butcher like myself and even helped me save myself from dying 'again'.

I am grateful for such honor but I was troubled by the nickname they had given me... [ Shinigami Of The East ] or even [ Gods Reaper ], I do not understand it, for I had never served the gods that the empire had been serving. Our leader taught us that believing is only a make-believe for some people.

We do not serve our own creator...

So having to say that those being shown mercy is unbelievable but rather understandable. Our creator is known (God and Goddess) of the elements like water, earth, wind and fire... The one that gives my former world a perfect place to live, that's how I recall the history about our creator, it was a tale so there is no other information about them.

We don't worship these beings, however, we show them respect and offer them flesh, we don't build temples for them, rather, we only pray to them... We may not worship or serve our creators but we respect them as mighty beings and offer something worth a year. Sometimes we do this, sometimes we don't, and having to say that we offer means [ we propose ] something rather than serving them in worship.

Shamans are proud beings yet they are vile humans, we respect yet we don't serve, that's how our leader had been very tight on our education to learn. We live in harmonious beliefs that we are honorable even though the Shaman is vile inside, they are warriors who only know how to fight, kill, slaughter and massacre.