Chapter 23 ☪ Dinner With The Couples

Its afternoon by the Imperial Time, about 6 to 7 o'clock in the evening, my knights had been dispatched to use the remaining of the space outside House Cullian to stay in a tent, because the inside of the house is very small for guest, and I know Crambell Troops are all used staying outside as a training to survive in the wild. 

    The baroness was generous enough to let me stay inside the House with Anna, and we stayed as a guest in a one room compartment only for one guest. It seems that they don't receive guests often, so they only prepare one room...

    So— "Milady, the baroness said to come down now, the meal is served, " Anna burst through the small yet white wooden door, then she exclaimed, making me look at her. 

    Anna tends to help the baroness at the meals earlier, because the baroness seems to be the one cooking their meals here, and so Anna, my unpredictable kind maid, asked to help her out. 

    "You need to learn how to knock, Anna, even if you feel excited about that, " I murmured and took the documents on the table, it's a document filled with nothing but the plans I had written in this piece of paper. 

    Then I scrolled the paper, putting it down beside the map. I breathed deeply as I followed Anne down stairs. The hallways aren't that big but also not small, it is different from the mansion with a lot of decorations, yet everything is aesthetic about their furniture. 

    It's not much to see by the way... 

    We entered a small room consist about the same size as my room, it is small and it has small table at the center provided with 5-6 chairs at both sides, the baron is seating beside the baroness which is located at the masters chair in front, and the baroness sat next to him which is a seat for the wife. 

    The other side of the table should be where Lady Lucia tends to be, but she's not here at the moment so it is empty (obviously) and the two chairs at the opposite side is where guests are meant to sit. 

    "Lord and lady Cullian, I greet you in the afternoon and thank you for having me, " I bow and say politely. I thought it was better to use the greetings I know since the greetings from this time are not perfect for the situation where I am right now. 

    "Oh, where did you learn such etiquette?" The baroness shocked her head and she looked at me with confusion.

    The baron as well... 

    "I... I read from books that this is how eastern people use for greetings, I thought it was perfect for this situation right now, " I said explaining them my intention, of course it's not like that greeting is different from what western people knows, in fact it's just the same, the only different is that the eastern greetings is less politely and less kind.

    It's a greeting fit for an atmosphere that is very unlikely right now, for example: a sad atmosphere and a sad theme for something that might happen in one group of people. The atmosphere earlier was dry and lonely, it was not good for a happy greeting like how western etiquette is being seen.