Chapter 16 ☪ Journey To House Cullian [Part 1]

The journey ahead didn't give us any problems at hand, luckily we didn't encounter thieves and bandits.

    The one that we miraculously encounter is but a wild beasts roaming around. Yes, a beast that reminds me of a bear's head and a wolf's body. Something like I've never seen before, yet I've known about it for some time. 

    I read from history books about the existence of demonic beasts which had been influenced by the abnormalities of this world's present, some said, it was a sign that the sleeping demon is finally awakened and their demonic presence affects beasts behaviors and appearances. 

    While others proclaim that this is a disease only beasts are affected. The belief of magic and science is sometimes different in theory, but I agree with both in a definition of what they said. 

    Both of their theories have the same meaning, as much as they refuse to admit. The demonic beasts are diseased, that's true, however, the cause of this disease came from the awakening of the demon (clan) or such in a way I described.

    The books stated that the awakening of the demon lord is coming in handy, that is the reason some said that the demon clan is reviving from death. 

    This world had fought against demons, unlike my former world, the demon lord was defeated by the goddess that has given us strength in battles... However, that tale about the goddess defeating the demon lord was much more likely but a children's story and has no proof of its existence.

    In this world, only a hunch that appears to be valid, same as true to my former world. This world has a calling for an ability or magic, the belief of having magic is the proof of having demon lord existence valid. Compared to my world, abilities are valid as a curse for us human beings. 

    However, in this world, magic is applicable but only to those few. 

    Here... A light magic user (light mage) is important to an empire or kingdom. Why? The light mage has the ability to cure, heal and eradicate future diseases, or incurable pandemics that science can't cover up. 

    A light mage is prioritized at all cause, with its healing abilities to cure and fix the army, one battle will turn to its favor when having a light mage to its disposal.

    There are also elemental magics, however, like light mage, it is very rare by most, cause not everyone is capable of manifesting magic. Unless of course you will pray for the devil's mercy, they might give you an Artificial Heart.

    It is inhumane but can manifest in our body, unless of course we die from the after effects, that means we aren't capable of wielding magic. Now you know why mage is rarely to be seen in this world. 

    My former world as well... I went through an artificial magic transplant, that is why, I know things... 

    So about the beast, we encounter it as we passed through [ Teanight Forest ], and they are about five demonic beasts roaming around, it can also sense human flesh that's why we got attacked unexpectedly.