Chapter 26 ☪ Kindhearted

"Oh, so you are old enough to travel?" she asked and I didn't reply to her because I knew for myself that I didn't actually have my father's approval on this trip. I breathed out and looked at the empty ceiling before I closed my eyes. 

    Morning that time, and we went out. We gathered information and made sure that we gathered everything important before I supplied my father an Intel about my fake circumstances.

    Though we don't have much time needed, we need proof and Intel about the bandits' hideout. We aren't sure where to find them but some of the information we gathered told us that there is a chance that the bandits' hideout is neither hidden nor cannot be reached by mere humans.

    I thought about this, if there is a place where humans cannot reach. That would be a place like forest or dead forest that would be like a haunted cemetery in the middle of the woods and dungeons. But I'd rather take my chances in the forest or woods, there might be hidden caves around.

    I am currently looking at the maps right now, I took the map from the baron before we left yesterday. There is a flat guess I have in the forest and woods around this part, so when I pointed out the obvious, Dores put a wood on the one I pointed.

    "My lady's insight is unpredictable sometimes," Dores complimented and before I knew it, he patted me like a child that made me glare at him the way I intimidate my former men. "Touch me and I'll make sure that your hands will be rolling on the floor." 

    I know, I sounded rude considering that I wasted their time for my selfish desire but the more he does that, the more it will be annoying for me in the future. Eliminating the threat is better besides they need proper discipline— or so I thought. 

    Because Dores didn't stop, he continued violating my privacy and even the threat didn't work on him. "My lady sometimes sounds like her cold blooded father, I worry for her, she might not become as cute as now with the marquis interrupting my imagination." 

    What the hell is he talking about? I looked at him confused then I closed my eyes and an emerging fire almost blew up the entire streets, good thing I stopped beforehand. "Talk no more Dores, you are annoying me and the more you do that, the more I want to cut off your tongue."  

    "You really like threatening me, but now I understand that angering my lady will end up me being blown up." I see, I am glad he understood but that was really close to blowing up Dores, because I am not in my former body, I have no control over my artificial ability but that was fine as long as I have the manual of controlling the ability, it will only take me some time to control them. 

    Right back to the topic, we will go to find the hideout. Yet, looking at each forest will take me some time or day so I decided to use my knowledge. 

    Let's see, there is a forest to the west and east, while north is the location of the town. I see a dead forest at the western east, and a haunted forest at the southern west which is opposite of the other side of the forest. 

    I have a conclusion that it is neither of the two locations but I highly doubt the dead forest more than the dead one. If you look closely, the forest is alerted and I wonder what's the difference. "Dores, do you see this? " I pointed out the dead forest and when he looked he immediately nodded.

    "Yes, my lady but I have no knowledge of it. " Is that so? Then we need an informant, not knowing the enemy's turf is the worst that could happen. No chance, will have to gumble with the forest that I think is where the bandits hide.