Chapter 32 ☪ Scolded

We finally got ourselves back at the marquis residence by dawn, I mean it didn't take us that much time to travel in slow speed as the knights had been exhausted from killing wild beasts. Of course we didn't get ourselves in danger because of some demonic beast, it's hardly rare for them to appear and the main road had been confirmed to be safe. 

    Today, I am currently in the bath. After all I didn't shower since that time in the inn. I stink as hell, and I have bruises around because of some injuries that my healing powers can't fix or heal. I used up all of my energy and mana to operate the Artificial Magic that was within my heart. 

    I'll take at least a year to be able to manifest the magic once again, it's not easy to cultivate the Artificial Magic that is within me and I can't guarantee if within that year, I'll be able to control it once again so now I just need to train in a year to achieve that goal. 

    At least if I can. I didn't have the plan on going back to the battlefield or becoming a knight. I just wanna live long beside these people, Anna, my father and all that have cared for me since the day I became Seira Latina Crambell. I just wanted to show and appreciate this life and experience what was meant to be on the court as a lady. 

    In the process of me bathing myself, Anna took care of my needs and she left early too. Her actions alone are making me nervous, her distance and the way she conveys herself which made me guilty at the rude behavior that she has to watch. 

    Ah, I shook my head and looked at the clear bath water filled with herbal stress lavender scent and soap, however despite the water filler of herbal leaves, I could see all the reflection on the clear water as well as the white ceiling and the dark chandelier above. 

    The water suddenly reflected what I see as my appearance— no, Seira's appearance, her silky like diamond hair that was not enough to be just the color of diamond, as time passes, it turn lighter than a normal less seen diamond color that happens to be rare in this world, a melted diamond-silver hair that presents hardships of the owner matching her eyes that resembles the blue moon that can be seen in the Lu Palace garden. 

    Just like her beauty, the astonishment of her face and her pale skin. I hardly notice Mei Chen behind this beauty. A sinner that plunders and kills without mercy. The thought came to my mind when I thought of the people I have buried everyday in those times of years. 

    Suddenly, the clear water filled with nothing but my appearance and the reflection of this room turned into a nightmare that I will never forget.

    I saw Mei Chen's appearance glitching over my face, and her face filled with blood, her eyes were closed but because she's about to be swallowed, her lips had become so pale that it startled all the cells of my body. 

    What is happening? I couldn't hardly guess what was happening but my body started trembling. 

    The view on the clear water started to shift once more but this time, the face on the water was not mine, instead it was the faces of corpses that I am familiar with. The faces of my comrades who died, everyone of them showed themselves and they swallowed Mei Chen with them in the dark mud.