Chapter 17 ☪ Journey To House Cullian (Part 2)

[Adrian Spenard Point Of View]

    My tongue was tied for I cannot report to milord what has happened at the training field, I believe milady has her own reason to comply with her request to learn under my supervision and that she trusted me with her secrets...

    I didn't accept her favor for having a woman fighting over the battlefield or the frontline can consider disrespectful and inhumane action that our ancestors had presume to make us understand. I have never known females who had the ability to take on the role, for having female knight fighting on outside is unacceptable in many ways.

    I don't mean to discriminate woman! However, it was already taught to us that men belongs to the battlefield and woman belongs to the court. Female has no voice over military, nor they have rights to speak about being a knight, I have never seen one.

    I have known Lady Seira since the day I joined the knighthood, I was knighted at age of 14 and milady was born 3 years after my promotion as the squad captain of House Crambell, I've learn under Marquis Rodolph and meet Lady Seira often.

    She was indeed beautiful... Beautiful as her mother, who I had seen... She appears to have the same beautiful hair as the late Marchioness and her eyes glimmer's the same as the marquis eyes, she was breathtaking in many ways...

    She is not just beautiful but kind at heart, she was innocent and caring, not forgiving those that harm her pets and love ones, she is but the shinning star of the Crambell Knights. She is our pride, dignity and sole reasons to fight, she and the marquis had given us more than just a home but a whole family.

    I owe them my entire life...

    I grew up in a small town near House Crambell's territorial land, at the same forest called 'Dewgrass' I meet a the young marquis, when I was just the same age as Lady Seira and I meet her father hunting on Dergrass Forest, at first I thought he was lost for unable to find the exit.

    Then I found out that the marquis was chasing after a cute rabbit that he mercilessly tied up, I asked him "for what reason are you catching a small and fragile rabbit? " and he responded, "a gift to a young lady who does not want to leave me alone, " with a smile on his face.

    I thought he was lunatic... Or some kind of abnormal demon, but I learn of the reason why he's hunting for a pray,  it was a request from the lady that was obsessed with his hand in marriage, the lady agreed to leave him be in exchange of the mammals life, not death but alive, she made sure he understands her and not killing the rabbit out of habit.

    Luckily, he caught the rabbit alive and took it home.

    He showed me lots about hunting and fighting, his admiration to the late marquis was so much, it was fun talking to him about his duties and road to become the empires strongest knight, it was his dream after all.

    I was aspired by his admiration and decided to chase after him in his dream, I joined the upcoming knights at the age of 13 and I was knighted one year after. The marquis learned of my journey of joining the military, and he respected my wish to join the Crambells Knights.