Chapter 15 ☪ Journey To House Cullian

It was past afternoon so we decided to camp outside the forest. I ordered Sir Adrien to confirm if the place is safe first before we camp, luckily only small animals are being chased off their forest, and we started building out our tents and campfire.

    Some knights went to find branches and woods, some went looking for waters and stones, while others fed the exhausted horses, Sir Adrien managed the knights amongst the remaining and ordered them around to do individual tasks. 

    Anna and I were left sitting in front of the campfire, which is very cozy and looking at Anna's face, she looked so satisfied just by looking at the fire. 

    I heard that Anna was like a sister to Seira, she is a sister rather than a maid, so no wonder her loyalty seem so unbelievable, however, she is still a spy loyal to my father, a person who wouldn't keep a secret to her master, so surely she have already told my father about that time.

    She is a good maid but not a good person to keep a secret... 

    "Anna, " I called and glanced at her. 

    "Yes, milady? " she responded with a smile. 

    "We will head to a danger, so informing father about this will surely affect our relationship, I trust you like a sister so all secrets should remain within our boundaries, I know you're identity, if you ever say anything about this to father, I will never permit you to join me in my next travels, " I said with a cold tune, I do not have problem with her, however, I need to teach her a lesson. 

    She is but my sister, a maid that I care about and if she does this again the next time, I will never trust her of my secrets, ever again. Probably, it will lessen our relationship as friends too. 

    She looks so pale, she might have never thought that I found out about it, her tongue is so free like 'the voice of the void' preference, which answers everything they asked her even if it was secret. Anna cannot be trusted with secrets, she is loyal but also free witted, I cannot trust her about my plans to teach Lady Lucia or the plan that will probably pissed the emperor off. 

    "Milady, you really did change... Fine, as milady desires, I will keep that in mind... " I nodded in satisfaction and smiled. 

--+-•-+--

    I looked at the piece of paper containing some letters I've been exchanging with his highness the crown prince using a bird messenger, this time I received a recent one after my departure.

    We've been exchanging letters since last week. He told me every detail and corners of our future plans and how I'll put Lady Lucia as one of the greatest in the social circle. Firstly, he told me about what he knows about her and if he thinks she can learn. 

    So I've been preparing for the last few days, enough for the day when I'll be raising her into a fine woman who can fit at the social standards, even if she is very rarely but beautiful, she can rise in the social circle as one of the clever beauties.