Chapter 19 ☪ Battle Fatigue

[Sain Rider Point Of View]

    I am a new recruit to House Crambells squad knight. I decided to follow after Dores who was hired by Marquis Rodolph. I barely survived the marquis cruel test but luckily I was able to join months ago. 

    My hometown is a bit far from the empire's capital. I was born at the northern end, nearest to [ Logoria Fortress ] in a small village called [ Stoneville ]... The dukedom of the north yield us, they aid our village at times, even though the one that supposed to be leading us is Count Loche, the count of the north had neglected its duty ━ ignored us precisely, even watched us being raided by bandits and criminals. 

    Others of our allies who had fallen by the hands of those filthy scams become bandites themselves, because of how hard surviving in a small village be like [ Stoneville ] the empire cannot always protect us, the only hope is that we rely on the dukedom of the north rather than the count that governs our village. 

    I decided to follow Dores in his dream of becoming the empire's knight, and I also deam to see my future at the hands of the empire. We have the goal to protect our village by becoming one of the empire's most honorable jobs. It may lead to a difficult road but I reach my goal with pride.

    I meet the squad captain, Sir Adrian, who clings on the marquis like a slime. He may look like a lame fellow but the squad captain had taught us many things of becoming a Crambells Squad Knights, he was shy but also a dignified warrior.

    There is also Eclise whose mouth reminds me of a fish, and a person who can't shut his mouth from talking. He talks a lot and he likes socializing with others even when others seem to be uncomfortable with his tireless and awkward topics. 

    I like him as a spar partner but he is not someone you'll enjoy talking with. He has a double edge lips that creeps ladies from talking to him, Eclise is someone I consider one of the few people who needs more of mental aid than that person who can't socialize itself.

    It's not an insult! I don't have problem with Eclise's terrible personality, but he may need attention more than Lady Seira.

    Furthermore, we have Lady Seira, a female. More than anything, I know nothing of Lady Seira but herself being the marquis' only child, the lady was said to be fragile and frankly speaking, she does not possess a fragile body! Again, milady is not weak!

    However, she was said to be [ pale ] and frail, she does not possess a long and capable strength that can compare to the marquis himself. I heard she fell on the lake after the day of his highness the crown prince's birthday party that was held at the banquet hall. 

    She fell... Is more likely not how to describe... The maids said something interesting. They said she tried drowning herself in the lake near Marquis Lordest residence, that lake known to be mankind's curse, a lake built to frighten every bones in anyone's body who will be visiting it. 

    Although, it's just a tale, it was proven to be safe... The lake... I mean...