Chapter 36 ☪ Advancement

First of all, we have to skip all formalities to proceed with the topic. His highness and I explained to Lady Lucia of the current situation, and I had to make sure she wants this herself. 

    We explain the plans we had so far for the past few days. The plan on making Lucia be recognized as a candidate for the empress throne and I will back off as a person chosen by the emperor. She seemed at first terrified of going against the emperor's will but his highness convinced her throughout the process. 

    We also told her the reason my envoy went to her house and the secretive issues that her parents mustn't know. We dealt with most of her questions about the plan and she agreed to participate. 

    "As you know, milady, I have a bad habit this past year, " I looked at his highness and he nodded. "I was desperate for his highness's affection, but that changed now, " she stiffly looked at me with confusion.

    "Do you have a special feeling? No, why change now? " For a 11 years old, I tried playing out within their age but she is not totally useless nor dumb.  This woman is sharp, and she doesn't seem to appear childish like other children do so I exclaimed in relief.

    "Your ladyship mustn't know this but, I am a bloodline of my father, the remaining Crambell. If the father adopts a boy whose blood was unknown, this might end our bloodline, " I sip the tea cup and shrugged. "The remaining bloodline of the Crambell must remain noble, we have sworn to the Royal Family for many generations, we cannot break that. "

    I heard from my father about the Oath of Blood Loyalty that my ancestors used to swear their eternal loyalty to the Empire of Razian. My father had never seen anyone who would bear a daughter before a son, so I am the first born daughter that has never been recorded in the history books. 

    I am the only first daughter of Marquis Crambell. There are other methods my father can use to preserve our dying blood. If he takes another woman by his side to give birth to a son, our bloodline will be saved but the father seems to have no interest at all! Instead, he will adopt a child born with unknown bloodline to raise the Crambell.

    If I were to marry the crown prince, my blood will not be inherited by a child born in my womb. Instead, Royal Blood will overtake what blood I will share to that child and our bloodline will end with me. 

    However, because Royal Blood and Noble Blood are different. I can preserve our blood even if I marry unto a nobleman, but that would be also useless when it comes to generation.

    Even if I want to become the successor to preserve our bloodline, I cannot succeed as I am a woman and the empire forbids it. I told father my worries since I found the mechanism of our bloodline, but he told me that I shouldn't worry or it will be okay. 

    I will trust his words for now. 

    The Oath of Blood Loyalty. "I see, " Lucia mumbled and she nodded. "You are trying to preserve your family's bloodline? " I nodded and gave a stiff smile. 

    "Can you preserve your bloodline even within the Royal Family? " His highness asked.