Chapter 9 ☪ Crown Prince

"Father, do you trust me? " I know he hates the proposal more than I am, so I'll use his dissatisfaction to win over his favor of trusting me and my own capability.

    Father first didn't say anything to me but then I heard the grit of his teeth and the tightening of his hands around me. "Yes, of course, I do. "

    Then that's settled, the joy came off my face and I nodded. "Then let me handle this matter, I promise, no proposal will be declared tomorrow. "

    "No, you can't just refuse him! It will taint the crown prince's pride for proposing to a noble lady, the proposal is both political and beneficial, the emperor won't just stand still. "

    If the emperor tries to get his way successfully, I'll just have to do what I must and if I found nothing then I'll resolve this with the emperor instead, the emperor will not be pleased by my actions but this way, he can't refuse a young lady plea (as) beautiful as Seira, the table will turn into my favor.

    "Trust me, it will be fine, I promise. "

--+-•-+--

    In the end, he didn't argue with me, when we arrived at the residence, I immediately said to my father that I won't be joining him at the dining table later, I will be eating in my room.

    "Anna, " I called out my personal maid. 

    "Yes, milady, is there any problem? "

    "Can you tell me about rumors regardless of the crown prince? Anything is fine, bad or good, I don't care, just tell me about rumors circulating in the social circle right now. "

    I haven't gone to tea parties, so I don't know much. The crown prince is at least 4 years older than me, and I am just 10-year-old at most. Age doesn't really matter when it comes to a political marriage. 

    So even if we have a little bit of an age gap, that really doesn't matter, the emperor will not pull down such marriage even if the gap is too large, nor does he care about it. 

    Anna examined me for a while before she smiled. She was probably looking at me as if I were a different person. 

    "It really surprises me that you aren't freaking out hearing only his highness's name, but why do you want to learn of his rumors? " Anna is a sharp girl, she is an innocent girl who's both loyal and confident but she is also a little bit smart for her age.

    I learn that bit by bit. 

    "Anna needs to learn to obey, you really do like questioning everything I ask you about, don't you? " I clicked my tongue and took off the jewelry on my head and on my neck, from my ears to my dress. Anna gave me so much sparkling jewelry and it's irritating.

    "My, I apologize for that, I was used to questioning my sister about something, you kind of reminded me of her. " She has a sister? Woah, that was known, maybe because I lost my memories so I didn't know.