Chapter 13 ☪ The Danger That Awaits

[Rodolph Crambell Point Of View]

    The resident had been under attack by a mysterious assassin. When I heard the news from some maids reporting an unusual behavior of a maid who is not part of the servants, I reckoned it's an assassin. 

    To secure every parameter of the area, I locked most of the facilities of our residence, and put the marquees in state under quarantine. Surely because of this, the residents will stop their operation but we have to avoid casualties.

    However, we don't know where the assassin is now. So we investigate all maids around the mansion who's working, while considering those who went on vacation and I just recently discovered Anna's vacation without permission.

    The head maid said that she only said a few words and left. 'Secure, milady at all times' those words were far more suspicious than I intended to understand.

    "Is that all from the maids? " I asked. 

    One of the men I was assigned to investigate shrugged his head. "One maid reported that the mysterious maid insisted on delivering milady's tea, and the other one reported that the mysterious maid told another maid to deliver the tray which she was told was ordered by the one who brewed the tea. " 

    Is that so? 

    Then suddenly my eyes shifted in realization and immediately took off. I lifted my sword and hurried myself running in the mansion's hallways.

    I can't believe it! 

    No, let me make it in time! 

    If something happens to my daughter, I cannot forgive myself from this! Perhaps, I may be strict or overprotective sometimes but I'm doing this for her safety... My child, my daughter, is the only one left in me, so please gods don't take her away, please! 

    I huffed as I ran pace through the infinite hallways until I met the end which leads to my daughters door. Without further ahead, I immediately opened the door with my fist and engaged myself in. 

    'daddy! ' 

    The figure of a female maid holding my daughters neck as she choked her to death made me so frustrated. When I look at my daughter whose face is about to be broken, she lifts her hands trying to reach me and the scene of her mother dying in front of me chills down my spine. 

    "Please take care of her, please, I can't no longer watch her grow up into a beautiful petal, I'm sorry---" the words of the late marchioness echo through his system and the touch of her hands as she passed her will, my mind went blurry as I came back to reality.

    I slashed my blade through her neck cutting it in half, she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings so her death was initially unexpected. Her head came rolling down the aisle of my daughter's balcony and finally she let go of her, I drew my sword and slowly catched my daughter from falling.