Chapter 11 ☪ The Secret Lover

"Yes, of course. I did not want this nonsense! What do you think about it? " A smile brightened my eyes. It seemed he bit the trap just as planned. 

    "His highness, you love her, don't you? " I asked, opening the main point of this discussion, this meeting. When I said those, his eyes began plumping in surprise, for I knew about it. 

    "You? What are you talking about? "

    "Lady Lucia is such a beautiful young lady, however, her origin is not acceptable in the social circle. She may be beautiful, but not everyone knows she became a personal loving maid of the crown prince. "

    The changes in his expression are not something I would expect. He becomes more upset than before. Instead of trying to brush off the topic, he gives me a burning glare of a predator that I am familiar with. The former master I worked for was the same, not to me, but to other noble ladies. I just chuckled while remembering that time and smiled. Goodness, love is so hilarious that it makes people so ridiculous.

    "I'm warning you, keep this a secret or I'll end the entire Crambell with no one knowing the reason behind it, " I suddenly shut my eyes open and glare at him, I did not expect threatening from him and it was not good for me, so I clasped my fingers into my shoulders to calm down. 

    "Threatening my family, will be the last thing you'll be speaking of, your highness, so if I were you, better choose your words wisely, I'm hideous when I'm upset, " it was true and will never be a lie, I am a person who do not get mad so easily but when I'm trigger, I'll take down an entire army even if I broke my limbs or even suffer from vital bruises.

    I will not be upset over this, besides this empire is my father's ally. I can't afford to dishonor our house right now, so I'm not getting upset over this.

    "You... Seira will never say such a thing... She will beg me no matter what, but you threaten me with such looks. Who the hell are you? " I tap my fingers on my skin, even though I am being suspected. I remain calm and I smile. 

    "What do you mean? I'm still her━ just don't think the same as the past, your highness, " he quickly retreated his assumption, and he looked at me with my force smile. 

    "What happened when you drowned? Seira is innocent and kind but sometimes her obsession with something is making her wicked," I took the bell on the table and rang it quietly. The servants will hear this bell. 

    Before responding to him, I tried not laughing, but I chuckled. "Let's just get to the point. You don't want this marriage and so do I. Then why not ally yourself with me to avoid this proposal? Then I will help you with her and to make her the empress your father won't expect. "

    I coughed... "Make her the empress! " 

    I barely looked when I said those, however, when I turned to see his reaction, he was neither excited nor disappointed; It surprised him enough that I couldn't read what's on his mind. It was not changing at all.