Chapter 37 ☪ Getting Rid Of Spies

After the long bath, Anna had taken mostly all of my stuff and scrubbed the soap on my back, then bubbles were released making it more relaxing. When I was finished preparing to sleep, Anna left and I nodded hesitantly. 

    I feel oddly uncertain. My guts are telling me about danger that I am not aware of. Anna left and I couldn't shut my eyes. I feel like something might happen and it won't make me sleep.

    It's in the residence, no, I am in my own residence which is one of the highly secured mansions in the capital but it doesn't mean the security is safe, all the time. 

    I tried shrugging my head but the feeling just kept on getting stronger and stronger.  Like it's about to explode and that made me jump off the bed turning against an unknown presence that opened my balcony window. 

    Sharp eyes, hidden underneath a rob, dark appearance, hidden compartments, daggers and poisons. The smell of rotten blood, instinct and a rat. This man an assassin? He almost put holes into my body. 

    "A child, can dodge my daggers? No, a girl can dodge it, " he said but with a cold breath that made me flinch. I knew it, my guts don't lie and I don't often feel this kind of in-danger presence. 

    I stood up straight and smiled. "This is the Crambell mansion, how dare you enter the room of a lady without permission! " He snorted and laughed before he looked at me. 

    "So, this is that trashy brat, Marline wants me to get rid off? Haha, so interesting, " I closed the distance on purpose but what surprised me is the fact that he disclosed the name of his contractor is such immature thinking of a novice assassin. 

    "This is too bothersome, " I commented and tilted my fingers. "Your assassin are you not? What do you want from me, explain!?" 

    "Nothing, milady, but your head! Everyone wants you dead nowadays, hahahaha, this is so much fun, " this man is a lunatic, I'm sure of that but lunatics are of course people that I wish to slit their throats off. 

    I guess I can say, I'm screwed? Nah, father is just behind the other chamber, I just need to get there or I'll shoot fire here— no, the house will burn and it's dangerous for me. 

    I can't use my magic now. 

    "That's a shame, " I said and immediately opened the door which he couldn't open first because of how fast I was.

    Then I ran towards the next door but the assassin was just behind me, luckily I was able to dodge most of his attacks and blindly pushed towards the door that leads to my father. If I remember, father has collections of weapons around his chambers, it will be fine to enter now. 

    When I entered, I was startled. Instead of my father, I was welcomed by an empty room, no weapons, no furniture, only an empty room. "Stop moving little brat! " It can't be, I went in the wrong direction!