Chapter 5 ☪️ Head Knight

Morning and breakfast are about to start. Anna immediately woke me up in the middle of 6 o'clock by the Imperial Time of the calendar. Spring is about to come and it has almost been two weeks since I became Seira and live a life so peaceful.

I haven't done anything but exercise my body to its full capacity. The only problem is, I haven't seen father over the time I spent here wondering, how come he's always been very busy and he wakes up so early and gets home so late.

I wonder what his job is...

"Milady, the marquis will be joining you for today's breakfast, " Anna said while putting on some head accessory in my head like a doll. She's been doing that since then, I didn't complain cause I'm well aware of social trends after all.

Iris is one of those who had to force herself to fit on the court.

"Father? " She nodded happily, after that, she clipped my hair with a pin.

"Done! " She proudly said. She really does like Seira this much, she's so loyal, I wonder, will there be a time that she'll backstab her? I see quite a few from my previous life, maids that cause the poisoning of their master.

People use maids for their own gain and plant spies for their own benefits, after that the maid's fate will be blurry cause most of them die after their tasks. That's the ideal fact I've been seeing in my world, the court is not a place for weak nor stupid, it is a place where only those smart can survive.

So if you let your guard off, you'll die by poison or assassination. That is the truth and it will never be a lie. Such fate can only turn into their demise, that's why Iris had to cling to her innocence to survive, hopefully, she'll stop being ignorant and start acting wisely.

"Anna, what does my father do? Why is he leaving so early and only coming home when everyone is asleep? " I asked Anna, then before she responded, she put down the comb on the table.

"The marquis is a busy man, he manages the military divisions as the head knight of the empire, he is well known as the master of soldiers and a mentor to the knighthood, " she responded putting her fingers up as she thought about something so I nodded quietly.

Head Knight? A loyal servant under the current emperor, like a dog, always following orders. The job of a head knight is to govern the military affairs, starting from the budgets and the well-being of the soldiers of the empire. He had held up the 1st division in his privilege and he also taught his underlings anything they needed to learn from the Head Knight.

He also fights in the front line as the main commander, which means he is the one that commands the army and he is a man who thinks that discipline is important. I've heard of them from my former life, a Head Knight is the same as a Head Commander of the military. My title is the same, I was the head commander so I command the soldiers whether they belong to my division or to the other divisions.

So he is at least that good?

"Let's go milady, the marquis awaits your arrival, " Anna reminded me, and I almost forgot about today's event. I have been dazed so much these days, maybe because I think about anything I can think of, this is why I hate thinking too much.

I stood up from the chair and before leaving, I first saw a glimpse of my features in the mirror reflecting my entire appearance. I wore a dress so feminine I can't believe I even endured dressing up like a doll, I don't dress in exaggerated attires, I'm more common with plainclothes so looking at myself in this full-size mirror makes me wonder, why Seira?

Or perhaps when will I remember the things I needed to know?

This person in front of me is not me but I didn't have the guts to fight it.