Chapter 6 ☪ My Daughter

[Rodolph Crambell Point Of View]

I know I have been neglecting my duties lately...

The reason is because I kept on thinking about my daughter even at work, even when I'm supposed to be doing my job, yet here I am neglecting my work for just this reason.

I know my daughter, I am aware of what she has done lately, that's why I'm worried sick that she might do it again, that's precisely what I thought.

When I heard about the news of her disappearance, I couldn't focus on work nor did I do my job as the empire head knight, though in many ways, I am worried about her sudden (indifferent) changes after that incident.

My daughter is a lovely child, without her, I cannot continue aiding the empire, when I know I'll be its downfall. Without my daughter, I can't be the empire's sword because my daughter is the reason I had kept my title as the heavenly sword of the Razian Empire, and without that reason, my worth is useless and I cannot continue further.

She tried to kill herself... That's what the Lordest Son told me... She looked so sad when she gazed at the lake's water but then she completely lost herself and tried drowning herself or such (jump) off the lake... The Lordest family is known to be different in many perspectives, they are not a family of liars so I know he was telling the truth.

He witnessed my daughter in her suicide attempt, that is why I'm grateful because he was there to save her in time, if not, she could have lost her life and I won't know what to do so I was grateful.

Now, the problem is that she looks energetic to train her frail body and I'm worried. Her sudden changes seem so (mature) in a way I can describe it. My daughter before the incident hated formality when she's talking to me. She is not reluctant nor does look like a walking dull person who has no sense or expression written on her face.

She is not cold-hearted nor does she seek command, my daughter is a sweet and innocent child who I treasure the most. She is but my loving daughter that I cherish the most but she is different from how I had remembered her before everything fell apart.

I don't know if she's alright or not... She acts so maturely that she sometimes slips a tongue when we talk about natural conversation, like before, she told me that I can command her if I like and she'll obey it one way or another.

She said those words like a soldier... However, when she realized that her tongue slipped, she immediately looked at me with surprise covering her mouth. She then looked at me with embarrassment and instead of talking to me about it, she shrugged her head and changed the topic.

She became so reluctant and reflexive, she's not the smartest before but she became so clever after a few days of reading every book she was interested in the library. Most of the books she read were about politics and history, more military books and medical books.

Anna confirmed that she was studying politics, she said that she really did read the medical books and the politics historical books, she then said that she asked the physician about basic first aid medicine making.

Why would she learn about that, and for what purpose? I don't know anymore, the more I think about it, the more I'm getting worried, she's my daughter, a daughter I love so much that is why I'm worried that I can't work properly.

"What do you think, marquis? "

The question took me back from reality and now I was looking at a man in front of me. He carries a document in his hands, beside him are 3 more of the noble lords present at today's meeting.