Chapter 33 ☪ Scolded (Part 1)

[ Elise Dame Point Of View ]

    My name is Elise, the first female dame who was able to attain a license as a female doctor— surgeon or as much as it is called. I was 15 when I became interested in medicine, much as how I ended up begging my father to join a medical school where only we're boys were allowed. 

    As far as I know, women have limited access to courses in this era, no woman or much allowed to enter the field of men. Basically, courses such as court, organizer, managing and basically politics if not for the current empress that hated knights. 

    Not all courses much like fencing, swordsplay, doctor ( surgeon, physician or even pharmacist ) that is why lesser scholars like ( me ) a mere woman trying to achieve the basics of becoming a doctor, have to by any means work hard to attain it. 

    It wasn't as simple as saying that I want it. I have to convince the entire empire, save millions and even convince nobles into recommending me. It wasn't that simple and easy, I had to work harder and more bolder than before just to become a doctor with full access and license. 

    Despite my persistence, my father didn't think that I'd succeed even if it's just a little hope so he sent me off to a medical academy under one condition. ( To Quit ) and leave this ambition of mine once I fully grow tired of it, I didn't think he'd say that but I left my house filled with confidence.

    Since I was a kid, the passion of saving lives of both noble and commoner had struck down my head. I was amazed how doctors do their jobs, indulging me to read medical books of basic and professional status of the medical field. 

    Every once a week, I will visit the Royal Palace to sneak medical books out of the library. If not, I'll go by the Crambell Residence and read books there because I have come to have access to the library which was dedicated to the scholars of the Crambell Family. 

    We read books,  take a look at the most rare items that aren't even found in the Royal Library and we can access information that is placed in the Crambell Library. 

    Amongst the nobles that I have come to know, or meet just to convince them of my situation. No one would bother thinking about a 19 years old dream, probably because they think it's useless to help me with this goal I set myself. 

    No one appreciates women of talent, we are basically witch if they found out that we can do what men do. Equality of gender, is something by far Razian Empire cannot attain, since the discrimination itself started from the empress to another empress that hated men. 

    Now, we should follow them as well. But not everyone is as obedient as to throw their passion for someone else's sake, I myself know that. 

    Even my father laughs at me for being a foolish girl who knows nothing. I was born in a family of a Count, my father is the Count Rushein, he was the formerly new noble businessman who had taken the empire by surprise and the emperor bestowed us the title count as an aristocrat. 

    As the only daughter of Count Rushein, I was not allowed to even succeed the counts family because of my display origin. In the end, father pushed my mother to her brink of death just to cheat on her and bring his concubine in as the countess.