Chapter 10 ☪ His Proposal

"Milady, my apologies for being late, are you okay? " I looked at the girl entering my chambers... It was Anna... She looks so tired and so am I... 

    After reflecting, I immediately turned forward to meet her when she suddenly kneeled before me, to match my size. "Did you perhaps have a bad dream? " Did she notice my eyes are swollen even though I didn't cry? Or because I feel so weak that my body looks so tired? 

    "No, I slept well, it's just migration, because of yesterday's investigation. '' I said in a calm voice, this way she will feel relieved and not to worry, Anna usually worries about everything I do and I'm worried that she'll report to my father what I'm up to for the last couple of days. 

    Unfortunately, she seemed to have believed in me, when she nodded and she smiled. "About the task, you asked me, milady, " my eyes turned to her and I suddenly held her hands. 

    "Do you have the information I need? " I asked straight forward, she then looked at me for a couple of seconds and she was silent until she nodded, maybe worried that I'll throw a tantrum if I discover something.

    "What is it? Don't be afraid..." I persuaded her more until she sighs in disbelief and she nodded. 

    "The rumor was true, milady, while doing the task, I meet the crown prince former servant that he kicked due to a personal matter, the servant said that he was framed because the head chef slapped the crown prince personal maid, he told me about the crown prince favoring that maid and always caring for her, he always witness various meeting that both had taken place at the garden and the prince quarters, " she remains still before I went back to sit on the chair, she then took a comb off the counter and brushes my hair.

    "The maid names 'Lucia' a daughter of a baron, she had been the crown prince's childhood sweetheart but nobody knew about it, the informants said that she was a hidden lover that the crown prince had, so when she applied as a personal maid for the crown prince, he approved without a doubt, and most of the information that I found is them meeting in secret and so on. "

    I see, so she's been his secret lover since they were kids. So the rumor about him refusing me, maybe that's the truth... No... It might have happened so why did I come out happy? Because I got rejected? Who will be happy about that? 

    However, this is fine, with this information I can turn the table in my favor. It might anger the emperor but this will be a great opportunity to get him back to what he did. I'm not someone to be used as a scapegoat.

    "Anna, you can withdraw from your duty for a couple of days, come back when you feel like it, and don't say a word about the task I give you. " Anna will be a good informant, I think better than a maid's role, so I was thinking of using her talents instead of wasting it with nonsense.

--+-•-+--

    Today is afternoon and because it was afternoon, I was told that a visitor arrived and he was waiting in the adjoining room, one of the rooms stated for guests. We don't use personal and different rooms for guests, we use the adjoining room.