Chapter 27 ☪ Forseen Movement

[Adrian Spenard Point Of View]

    It's already been 4 in a half day since we left the capital. We thought the journey would take us forever to reach but the current trip was only by far the fastest journey that I have ever gone too after my vacation in a small village at the Western Brooch. 

    As of today, we had to hunt down some bandits which we never fought back then. We may fight wild beasts, but not demonic beasts or human scums but not actually thugs or bandits. Just as what milady said, we are soldiers that are inexperienced in what truly being a warrior means. 

    It pained me to think that we disappoint her but I am willing to learn even if the cost is my own. That is what it means to become a Crambell Knight Troops member, to be as hard as steel as courageous as beasts. If we can't even fight and experience bloody true battles, we may never survive on the battlefield. 

    Milady— however, was surprisingly a genius. She has smart insight for a 10 year old, her willingness and her prideful posture of a lady knight. She was the most perfect figure of the knighthood, as she was experienced with the world of bloodshed and bodies. Her eyes don't show much reaction, but whenever I look at her, I can't seem to understand why she looks so intimidating. 

    No, more importantly at a young age, the young milady has never been like this. Whenever I meet her, she looks at me with disgust and leaves without saying a word until I heard from the maids that she hated knights which is likely the cause of her disgust against us but her attitude becomes more vile as time passes.

    This time, just by looking at the weapon, she began backing away. No, just by looking at the sword, her pupils turned black in horror as she ran away. Although it seems that she has some kind of temporary amnesia or something, milady today has a hard time remembering what happened in the past. 

    I worry that she won't be able to rest easily. So, the marquis started telling us to avoid being near her at that moment and we desperately obeyed given the fact that she would faint in the sight of a sword. 

    So when she walks in that training area with a grin and confidence. I was shocked, she somehow didn't look like the same lady who would look at us with disgust and irritation, she became someone who has eyes that sore up high like those who experience everything.

    I tried of course to stop her from entering but the lady surprised me that day. She held a weapon like nothing and despite being wooden, it took away 20 seconds of my breath from that heavy blow I just received. 

    And I knew that day, that "milady has changed" from the moment she released her attacks on me to the way my knee suddenly fell on the ground with the wooden sword was just an inch of cutting my throat. 

    I thought I would lose my life. I couldn't even defend myself, I was too slow to defend myself and everytime I dodge, my body would fall as it does. I couldn't control the fear inside of me, because of that feeling, I realized how weak I am.

    I asked myself a couple of times. What if that wasn't milady and an enemy? I would really lose my life and I fear it. My neck was just half way from being destroyed, although that was just a wooden sword but that wooden sword can cut any bamboo with its rusted blade. So, I was scared but I recovered quickly and tried stopping milady.