Chapter 16: Mercenaries vs mercenaries

Once they rained down, the arrows stopped in a flash.

 As Kouya Kouya said, I was able to ascertain the approximate position of the arrow from the direction it flew, but if I didn't do anything about it, I'd be shot at.

 I looked at the surface of the water, which was waist-deep in water, and murmured.

'Should I go underwater?'

 I think we can hide ourselves.

'No, we can't.'

 Yuki Yuki Yuhki is the one who immediately says no to my easy countermeasure.

'Even underwater, it seems that the opponent already knows our position. The power of the arrow is reduced, but if it hits, the damage will accumulate. And everyone except Kouya  will not be able to make satisfactory movements even if they are in contact with the water. In addition, it is impossible to stay underwater all the time."

'The fact that they went to the trouble of setting up in a 'lake-submerged meadow' with a lot of water means that someone with the same blue magic skills as me might be there. Worst case scenario, if someone with the 'Ice Magic Skill' is there, they'll freeze the whole ...... water and I'll be really stuck."

'Let the arrows lead them to the water's edge and stop them at once. It's a very common tactic.'

 Ice magic skills. .......

 As I recall, it was a luxury item sold in George's shop for 4,000 esos.

 So there might be a player that high up in the game that's fighting us now?

'Buhaha, early underwater defence has its limits, and it's dangerous.

 Kouya  stands up, and everyone moves quickly to the land where the large tree in the example is located.

 In doing so, bows and arrows were again fired in a flurry and one hit Yuuki.

 However, it did not knock back like Koyo's and continued to move on. Is it a high defence?

'Everyone, unite as one against this big tree and get behind me.'

 They all huddle together to hide from Yuuki  who holds his shield in front of him.

'El Exudo, the Giant's Shield.'

 When Yuuki activated his ability, the shield he was holding became more than three times as thick.

 Perhaps because of the increased weight, Yuuki was unable to hold the shield and held it up to the ground for support.

 Following suit, they all crouched down.

 Now behind them is a large tree, and the shield protects a wide area in front of them from archers.

'The effect of the giant's shield, El Exudo, lasts up to two minutes. But it's too heavy to move. Anyway, we have to decide what to do in the meantime."

They've got paralysis with their bow and arrow abilities. ...... It took me a while to get up."

 A squeak is heard as the Titan's shield plays an arrow.

'I seem to have done okay. ...... Random occurrence?'

'Maybe the probability of it happening depends on your resistance.

 Tossed, an arrow pierces the ground close by.

'I can confirm from the two shots that there were a total of four arrows fired at the same time. That means there are at least four archers.'