Chapter 94 - Because of love (2)

Richie Daymond, alchemist of doom and rebirth.

 Three minutes had passed since he began his talk.

'- the corpse is no longer a problem if you freeze it. No more worries about being devoured in time'.

 Richie Daymond's voice, hushed in the temple, was more melancholy and wet than before.

''Yes, I am. The first thing to do is to conclude that there is not enough time in the human body to produce sufficient research results. Therefore, in order to prevent my body from ageing, I have decided to ...... In order to become an immortal being, he attempted to fuse with the undead king Richtsie, who is said to have the same level of intelligence as a human being.''

I see.

When I think about what Mr. Daymond is trying to achieve, it is no wonder. It would take an enormous amount of time for him to reach the state of mind he is aiming for. And no matter how good an alchemist you are, you can't beat old age.

''I, who have acquired Richtzie's characteristic of immortality, have also gained control of a certain by-product''.

The ability to follow the undead?

I just listen to what he says, but I also remember to casually insert my hand.

How very good. But let's just tweet that there were some problems.

 Despite saying "just", Mr Daymond was a gung-ho talker.

 He said that even though he could fuse with Ritchie, his ability to control the undead was very weakened because he was originally human. So he turned his attention to the 'Knight of the Dark Moon' contract, which is renowned for its 'avenger'.

The 'Knights of the Dark Moon' are those who have signed a contract with the 'Spirit of the Moon and Stars, Lean', who unites the Gunn Knights, the fairies of the night side. They seem to be a group of people who, instead of being given the power by the spirit Lean to take revenge, were forced into a certain level of servitude by the spirit Lean.

 The reason why they formed such a group in the first place is that the spirit Lean fell in love with a human man called Knight Lunas. At the time, spirits and humans continued to fight as incompatible beings. When it was discovered that the human knight Lunas had bonded with a spirit, he was blamed by the human race and executed. For the sake of her beloved Lunas, the spirit Lean seems to have created the 'Knight of the Dark Moon' as a pawn in her personal vendetta against the humans.

 It is also said that the creation of the 'Knights of the Dark Moon' was done with the help of the 'Dark Spirit Daknes', who rules the Dark Fairy Shadow, and that the 'Spirit Lean' formed a contractual crest with the help of the 'Dark Spirit Daknes'.

 The one who objected to this was the 'Moon Spirit Urd', a kindred spirit of Lean, the spirit of the moon and stars, and it seems to be a different story that he worked hard to calm Lean's disturbed mind.

 Anyway, it was Mr Daymond who sought to interweave this 'Knight of the Dark Moon' characteristic of 'revenge' and 'servitude' into his own undead use ability, and to make full use of alchemy and utilise it.

'First of all, to get things done, I wanted... experimental material for the giants. So, I persuaded the Dragon Tribe that the 'Giga Machina', the Giant Kingdom of the East, had the 'Dragon's Calling Stone Seikki' that you were seeking, and had the Titans attack and destroy them."

 What actually existed was not the 'dragon-singing stone', which is said to increase the power of dragons, but the 'dragon-singing stone'.

 The actual "Dragon's Call Stone" was not the "Dragon's Call Stone", which is said to increase the power of the dragon, but the "Phantasma Stone", the supreme magic stone artefact that sealed even purer magic power than the "Moonlight Stone Lewis" in the home of the Giant Tribe, Fantasma.