Chapter 43: Sister and friends.

'Thank you for helping my sister ......'

In any case, I would like to thank my sister for rescuing me from the heavy-handed mercenary clan recruitment of the 『lone wolves』 Wolff and Vikin.

'Don't thank me. Taro is my little brother...'

 She speaks in a matter-of-fact manner and takes it for granted that she will help me.

 I stare at my sister, biting back the feeling that something stuck in my chest is melting away at her casual remark about my brother.

 My sister, with her slightly frowny eyes, is as dignified and reassuring as always.

 I am relieved to see her like that, but at the same time, I am thinking to myself, was I such a sissy-complexioned person?

''Taro. I'm worried about that character bug thing, but I'm also worried about the one who is rumoured to have been working with ...... Sage Misora.'

It's ......"

 After all, my sister, as a matter of course, had information that Misora the Wise and I were walking down Michelangelo. ......

'Taro doesn't seem to understand, though. Do you understand why my mercenary clan attends the 【Fairy Ball】 in each city, and why my mercenary clan attends the Michelangelo Ball?"

Um, ......"

 That's ...... I honestly don't know.

 I grasped from the last line that it's not because I'm attending Michelangelo's Ball that I'm following him, but I don't understand what the reason is.

My sister, seeing me and perceiving that I wouldn't understand, let out a small sigh and explained it to me in a gruelling manner.

'Only first-class mercenary clans come to Michelangelo's [Fairy Ball]. So-called, it's a gathering of all the tough mercenary players who are attacking on the front lines.'

'It's an early town, why?'

'That's because it's an early town.'

 My sister puts words to my question with a serious face.

'In the announcement, it was announced that along with the 【Fairy Ball】, the area ・・・・ ruled by the ruling class of the city, ・・・・・・・, will be liberated, right? That means you might be able to meet the NPCs who rule Michelangelo.'

'But so do other cities, don't they? Why is the First Class Mercenary Clan so obsessed with Michelangelo? Frontline cities seem to be more fruitful in many ways. ......"

'Did you know that a mercenary clan that is able to take control of a city can enjoy a number of benefits in relation to that city?'

As I recall, I heard from Kouya that the tax rate of 【Bounty and Auction Wanted】, which is also in the player bazaar, can be changed and the mercenary clan that controls that tax revenue can receive it.

'Tax revenue from 【Bounty Hunters and Auction Wanted】?'

'It's not the only one, but yes. From that point of view alone, Michelangelo is a delicious city."

 Is that so?

'Clan Clan is a game that has just started service. 'The population is concentrated in the initial towns. This means that there are more mercenary players using Michelangelo's 【Bounty Hunters and Auction Wanted】 than in any other city. Indeed, the weapons and armour traded in the frontline cities are used by first-class mercenary players and are sold at a higher price than in any city, so the tax revenue on a standalone basis may be higher. But the number of listings is low. And buyers, too, seldom consume them because of their high price."