Chapter 75: The Giant Kingdom and the Slave People

'Well, er... ...... King? Your Majesty?"

 I had no idea that the ghost boy in front of me was the king of the slave humans who have been abused by the Giant Kingdom.

'Indeed.'

  still the opponent is the king, so he should be treated with respect.

'Hehe, Your Majesty ...... Today is a fine day ...... Well, um...'

' 'No, no, no, it's fine. There is no need to be so formal. Nothing has changed'.

 The slave king Luxel smiled good-naturedly at me.

He is a boy in appearance, so he is certainly easy to get to know, but he is a ghost. It is a common sight in horror films to see ghosts trap the living and make them fall into darkness. There is no telling what they will do to you if they get you in a bad mood. Even if you've managed to build a friendly atmosphere so far.

''And you've brought the sunshine with you, you know. I'm not going to let you get away with it. Take it easy, will you?'

'Oh, yeah. Well, then... ...... If you say so, Luxel-sama, then ......

'You're still hard. You' re seeing things with your eyes that you shouldn't be seeing. You're taking an irreverent step into a world that's so much greater than mine, how can you have any sense of civility at all now? It's not like you to be an alchemist who plays with reason'.

 Hm.

 Certainly, an alchemist must be a man of romance who pursues taboo and is willing to blaspheme even the gods.

 The king is indeed a king who has been taught what an alchemist is by a ghost king.

 In that case, it would make sense for him to be an alchemist.

''Oh, I see. Then, please continue as before'.

' 'Yes, it's better that way after '.

'By the way, is it such a bad thing to see ghosts?

'For the world, yes. To the world and to the current master of this place, too? For us, it doesn't really matter'.

 Hmmm...

 Words that interest me keep coming out.

 It's finally getting to the point.

'Was that the Lord Aluji?

'Indeed, why do alchemists have so many questions?'

 The slave king Luxel shrugs his shoulders and smiles bitterly.

'Well, I guess you guys are never boring in that you never run out of things to talk about.'

 Then he smiles at me with a boyish grin.

'I appreciate the compliment.'

 I send him a smile in the same vein.

'Ha ha ha ha.'

 The slave king saw this and laughed out loud with amusement.

----

----

'Hey, hey ...... Taro-chan, are you sure you're alright?"

Yurachi-chan clings to my right shoulder as she looks around worriedly.

''Yes, I'm fine.''

Yurachi. It's close. I'm hit.

 Actually, my mental safety is not okay.