Chapter 22: Hopelessness.

" ' Taro oo oo oo'."

 Received a friend message from Kouya , who had run out of spirit.

'Kouya, what the hell happened?'

 When I got to Michelangelo, I immediately connected the comms to Kouya.

'Those guys, those guys, those guys are bad. What the hell are those skills?

' 'Kouya? Are you alright?"

'Suddenly I thought they were behind me, and before I knew it I was in a back alley. ...... With skills like that, it would be a piece of cake to get through the patrol nets of Deus the Divine Soldier.'

'Hey, Koyo -'

'Then I'm surrounded by a few people, asking me over and over again, nagging, nagging questions, no, that's interrogation. Their mood is unusual. On top of that, they said, 'Hey, if you kill these glasses, we can't find out where Tenshi chan is', and they took me to a back alley ......."

'Kouya-san?'

 The mumbling Kouya is starting to scare me, but on the other hand, I'm starting to worry that I've had such a horrible experience.

'Just before I lost all my HP, they used recovery potions over and over again,...... relentlessly, using such expensive stuff with abandon, just to drive me mentally,...... and also to make me feel like I'd lost all my HP. He even broke my date glasses. ...... Ha! Are you all right, Taro? I'm sorry, that was me. I'm sorry, I should have told those dangerous people where you were ...... Taro?

 It was very unusual for Kouya  to be so upset.

 Had he been beaten up by a very skilled mercenary player?

 But such a group of advanced players were prying into my whereabouts?

 I have no idea. ......

 The only other mercenary players I've encountered, apart from Mina, are a group of passing, level-upping, good-natured mercenaries who just saved the day in a pinch.

'I'm fine. Is that really the group that targeted me?'

'Well, there should be no doubt. No, I don't know. But it's not a problem that can be left unattended. We need to discuss our future policy with the members of the ''Hundred Horsemen and Night Riders'' as soon as possible.''

'Sure, they could be dangerous guys. ......'

'As long as you have been prying into Taro's whereabouts, you must not be irrelevant. You want to come with us?'

 It was also just now, from a distance, that I had seen Koyo limping.

 It might be better to discuss the matter face to face.

'Where are you going, Angel-sama?'

 As I hesitated whether I should rush to  Kouya, who was sitting on a bench in front of Michelangelo's celestial clock tower, Mina posed a question to me.

'Oh, oh. See that guy with the broken glasses sitting over there? That's my friend, so I thought I'd give him a shout."

'Are you a friend of ......, Angel-sama?'

 Mina saw Koyo and began to hold the mace, perhaps in alarm. ・・・・・

'Hey, come on, he's a nice guy, don't PvP or anything, okay?'

'But you are a mercenary player over the age of 15, right?'

Umm, yeah. ......

 Me and Kouya  are both 16 years old.