Attached

Thursday December 16th 2021

"Hey, have you seen her giraffe-" Jamie asked out loud walking into the living room with Alaina in his arms, he stopped when he saw Eddie on the phone.

"Like I said, let me talk to Jamie first and I'll let you know." She said on the phone.

"No problem...alright, yup, bye." She hung up.

"Who was that?" Jamie asked. Alaina started fussing in his arms wanting to go to Eddie.

"Oh stop. What's wrong?" Eddie asked babyish to Alaina, taking her from Jamie.

"I think that molar's coming in, looks painful." Jamie said.

"Aww, do your teethers hurt?" Eddie replied, Alaina's cry slowed to a whine and she laid her head on Eddies shoulder. She walked over and picked up the little silicone toy giraffe Jamie had asked about. It was drying by the sink, she had washed it earlier.

"Oh there it is." Jamie said observing her give it to Alaina to chew on.

"She have a fever?" Eddie questioned and walked her to her room.

"Uh I don't know?" Jamie followed.

"Hey, who were you on the phone with?" Jamie remembered she hadn't answered.

"Oh Nicole! She asked about going ice skating with her and Joe this weekend. Said I'd talk to you." Eddie said, as she took Alaina temperature.

"Is that weird?" Jamie asked.

"Why would it be weird? What do you mean!?" Eddie asked.

"I don't know like-" Jamie started to say.

"100.3!" Eddie said surprised after reading the thermometer. Jamie opened the top dresser drawer of the changing table and got out the baby tylonel.

"Maybe that's why she skipped out on dinner." Jamie said measuring the medicine into the syringe.

"Huh, I just feel bad we didn't check it then. Poor thing." Eddie comforted Lainey against her body.

"She didn't feel warm then Eddie, Nicole said she was fine all day." Jamie told her and started to give her the medicine.

"Yeah...well at least she likes the medicine." Jamie said as she sucked the tylonel down.

"Mhm. Is it good? Yummy...!" Eddie encouraged after she had finished it and then gave her the giraffe back after she laid her on the floor to play.

"I'm going to finish unloading the dishwasher." Eddie said and walked to the kitchen.

"Can we finish our conversation while you do that?" Jamie asked.

"Oh yeah. What were you saying?" Eddie asked.

"I just think it's a little weird they want to go on a double date? Wasn't Nicole just saying the other day how she wishes they could spent more time together? Just the two of them?" Jamie suggested.

"Oh. Well I mean yeah I guess, but I agreed with her so maybe she just thinks it could benefit both of us if our babysitter is with us. Cause I told her your family can be so busy at times it's hard to find a free night for one of them to do it." Eddie said.

"What? Pop doesn't work...he's always around...?" Jamie questioned.

"Jamie c'mon." Eddie said putting the silverware away shaking her head.

"What?" Jamie was confused.

"He's like 100 years old!" Eddie replied.

"He is not...ha. He had his own kids, grandkids..?" Jamie said.