Babies Left and Right

Date: Sunday December 26th 2023
Alaina: 3.5 years
Ryan: 1.5 year

Joe and Cassidy had been home a week now with their new little baby. They were up for having some visitors now, and not to mention some home cooked meals.

Jamie and Eddie left the kids at franks to go visit them. They didn't want to take the kids in fear they'd give the baby something. They'll meet the baby soon enough just not yet.

When they got to there apartment Joe opened the door, and greeted them both with a hug.

"How are you?" Eddie asked handing him the casserole she made them.

"Well we're alive" he said scratching his head.

"Always a plus." Jamie said.

"That's all that matters" Eddie added and then went to wash her hands.

"She's getting her changed I think." Joe said, Jamie washed his hands when Eddie was done and then they went to sit down in the living room. There place was a little messy, rightfully so, but not terrible.

"How have the nights been?" Eddie asked.

"Ha...not much of a night if you ask me." He said.

"Yeah, it gets better. The first month is the worst..." she said.

"Yeah that's what we've been told. It's the whole breastfeeding thing that's the stressor." Joe said.

"For sure. It's constant."

"Yeah and I can't help obviously." He said.

"I remember that feeling." Jamie told him. They were interrupted by Cassidy coming out of the bedroom with the sweetest little baby in her arms.

"Aww oh my word...!" Eddie said and got up to hug her.

"How are you?" Cassidy asked.

"We're good! How are you!?" She asked quietly not wanting to startle the baby.

"Doing okay, you can hold him before he wants to eat again." Cassidy said and handed him to Eddie.

"Oh my word...I forget how tiny they are..." she said admiring the perfect baby. She sat down on the couch beside Jamie and talked softly to the baby.

"This gets me excited to have ours." Jamie said.

"Yeah, how have you been feeling?" Eddie asked Cassidy.

"Okay! I can't be on my feet to long without feeling a lot of pressure still, like another baby wants to come out."

"I know what you mean, it's hard to take it easy when you know there's so much stuff to get done too." Eddie said.

"Yes! And he goes back to work in a couple days so I'm hoping it'll be a little better." She said.

"Yeah, well don't hesitate to call any of us, I'm sure anyone would be glad to help out." Eddie said.

"Yeah, I know, that's what Joe keeps reminding me haha." She laughed.

They only stayed a total of a half hour. Jamie held the baby and then he got fussy because he was hungry. They left when she was starting to feed him.

———
A couple days later

It was New Year's Eve, Nikki and Jason were so awesome for letting Jamie and Eddie have the night out, just like old times.

Eddie was large and in charge with her baby bump now at a little over 30 weeks along. They had a late dinner at a fancy restaurant, and then headed up stairs to the rooftop bar, where people were drinking and dancing the night away.