Case closed

June 15th 2022

Jamie got home at 2pm from work, ready to relax after a 10 hour tour. Eddie was organizing the tupperware cabinet.

"Hey." He called out closing the door behind him.

"Ah! Shoes! I mopped!" Eddie pointed at the floor and gave him an eye. She looked cute in yoga pants, with one of Jamie's T-shirt's on and fuzzy socks.

"You mopped!?" Jamie asked surprised but listened.

"Uhm...yeah!?" Eddie laughed. Jamie smiled and went to see what she was doing. He noticed how clean the place looked.

"Lainey sleeping?" He asked and set his stuff down on the table.

"That's not where that goes! And yes she just went down at 1." Eddie said.

"Sorry" Jamie said surrendering and picking up the bag to hang it by the door. Eddie stepped closer to the folder on the table he left and peaked at it.

"Hey..." Jamie said catching her, she shut it and walked back to what she was doing acting nonchalant.

"What?" She played dumb, Jamie put his hands on his hips and grinned at her.

"New case?" She asked.

"Uh...old one. They want me to look into more." Jamie told her getting nervous. Eddie walked over to him, sensing there was something he wasn't telling her.

"Who's they?" Eddie pulled a long piece of dark hair off his white T-shirt and showed him.

"Uh...ha...babe..." Jamie said shaking his head and smiling, only laughing at the fact she found a hair on him, like how ironic.

"Ha...Jamie..." she said still holding it up infront of his eyes and smiling like a smart ass back at his blushing face.

"I stopped by Erins office...and..." Jamie started to say with his hands up infront of him. Eddie squinted her one eye looking at him.

"And...?" She asked.

"And Sydney was there...she gave me a hug." Jamie admitted.

"Sydney!?" Eddie jumped down his throat practically.

"No! Erin." He corrected.

"Oh okay. Wait...why were they together? I thought she took that promotion?" Eddie asked.

"She did. They closed the case together though so they have to open it together again." Jamie told her.

"Wait..." Eddie said hesitantly.

"Yes." Jamie said and looked down.

"Why do they keep opening that case up!?" Eddie got upset and irritated immediately. She walked off and sat down.

"Huh..I don't know babe. It's not Erin, it's Sydney. Singers paying for her so..." Jamie didn't know what else to say.

"Whatever. Only time will tell." She said and got up to finish organizing. Jamie left her alone to wallow in her irritability and went to take a shower.

When he came out Lainey was eating a snack in her high chair, Eddie was wiping out the fridge.

"Da!" Lainey got so excited when she saw Jamie and wanted him to get out of her chair right away.

"Hi peanut...eat your crackers!" Jamie said kissing her cheek and then pointing to the ritz on her tray.

"Ehh!" She whined trying to get herself out by pushing on the tray.

"Lainey no, eat and then daddy will get you out to play, okay?" Jamie said and grabbed himself a beer.

"You're really going to town." He told Eddie, observing all the cleaning she's been doing.

"Turns our it's normal. I'm just nesting." Eddie said. Jamie understood and went to sit down on the couch to finally relax.

"Oh honey before you get too comfy I have some things I want you to hang up in the nursery." Eddie told him.

"Huh. Can we do that this weekend Eddie? I'm tired..." Jamie asked desperate.

"But this weekend we have maternity pictures and family dinner..." Eddie said.

"Oh that's right..." Jamie said trying to think.

"It's only a couple things..." Eddie told him.

"Alright...fine I'll just quick do it." He said. Eddie could tell he was mad about it.

"Forget it. It's fine." Eddie said. Lainey was still wanting to get out and whining. Eddie got her out and wiped her hands.

"No I'll do it, come tell me what you want." Jamie said and went to the nursery. Eddie felt bad and carried Lainey off with her to the nursery also.

"I don't want to do this today if you're mad about it." Eddie told him.

"I'm not mad babe. I'm just tired is all." Jamie said and took Alaina from her arms because she wanted to go to him.

"I know it's fine." Eddie said. Alaina started to pull Jamie's nose, his attention turned to her and he smiled.

"Yeah...where's Lainey's nose?" He asked her so she'd hopefully loosen the grip she had on his. She did and pointed to hers.

"Good job! Where's...your belly!?" He asked her. She lifted her shirt to show him and then pointed to Eddie.

"Yeah? Mommy's belly?" Eddie touched her big round stomach and laughed. Then Alaina reached down to pull up Jamie's shirt.

"Daddies belly, yeah good job!" Jamie held up his hand for a high-5. He put her down to play and asked Eddie again where she'd like the pictures hung...this time nicer.

They had one more picture to hang when Jamie's phone rang.

"Hello?" He said and listened. Eddie stood there waiting.

"Really?" He asked. Eddie cocked her head wondering what it was about.

"Thank god..." Jamie said.

"...okay yup bye." He hung up. Before Eddie could ask he blurted it out.

"They don't need to look into it the Singer case. They caught the dealer, he told them everything, case closed baby." Jamie held his hand up for a high 5.

"Yes! Oh my god yes!" Eddie returned the high 5 and then gave him a big hug. She was over the moon excited she didn't have to see that guy ever again.

"Lainey it's all over!" Eddie got down on her level and told her excited. She scared her though and she started crying. They laughed and she went to Jamie for comfort.

"Aww...mommy's just excited Lain..." he said and rubbed her back while she snuggled into his chest.

"I'm sorry sweetie!" Eddie said still laughing. She couldn't be happier this meant no more Jake and no more Sydney!
———
Finally the case is closed! Baby is due in 6 weeks! They are counting down the days! I need your guys opinions on names either Caden Joseph OR Ryan Jameson. Leave your choice in the comments along with your thoughts on this chapter! Thanks!